Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning the wife left the house and noticed that the 4x4 low light was flashing and was engaged. The truck has never been in 4wheel drive and the slector switch has never been turned. I limped the truck over to the dealership at 20mph,because it wouldn't go any faster than that. While i was sitting in the service drive the light started flashing 4wheel high. The truck only has 500 miles on it and all on the Hwy.:dunno: What would make the computer engage the 4wheel drive???

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
Sounds like something in the puter went haywire.:crazy: and DANG you just got that truck too.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yea sounds like some warrenty to me some wire said no no lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like something in the puter went haywire.:crazy: and DANG you just got that truck too.
yea sounds like some warrenty to me some wire said no no lol
I know...500 miles:doh: this sucks
I'm just glad we weren't on a road trip!!! Hopefuly I will be hearing back from the dealership soon. I'll let you guys know what happens :tard:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Maybe wiring?

If its the computer I hope your dealership is better working on the computers than mine..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yea good techs is always appreciated hopefully they can figure it out for ya in 50 years when i can afford a 6.4 it will be good to know the problems lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well just got off the phone from ford. They told me it is a faulty transfer case motor..I say what the f&*& 500 miles and the transfer case motor goes out:confused: they say the new motor will be in tomorrow morn. and the truck will be ready in the afternoon. The SOB'S wouldn't even give my wife a rental. I say that is a bunch of BS:banghead: I hope this does't happen to anyone while taking a road trip....

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
well dont feel to bad first and second were out of mine at 300 miles due to some improper clearenses between syncrnizers. and they wouldnt give me a car either until i got my salesman involved. and even then they had a 6.0 on the lot but they give me a ragged out F-150

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
wow i cant believe that you are getting that poor of service it has been so long since i have been in a new vehicelthat i guess i dont understand this stuff sometimes but i sure hope your luck changes a little bit

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ALWAYS get a loaner for the amount of time my truck is at the dealer. I dont get a truck b/c all they have are Freestyles and 500s. They know I need my truck to make a living so they expedite it for just that reason. I guess it works out ok. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you call Ford and fuss you will get a free rental...I do it every time...I'm not paying for rentals..Now my Dealer knows to just go ahead and give me one because he knows I will call and complain...
That is exatly what I did and they gave me a loner:thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know where your dealer is but my Ford dealer has been most helpful with the availability of rental cars and trucks when needed. My truck spent a total of six weeks in the shop before the FSR agreed to change the ecm due to a cruise control runnaway issue. I had a rental car the whole time. Three weeks ago a radiator leak showed up on a Saturday- since the rental agency was closed they loaned me a shop truck which was fine cause I was hauling stuff to the dump anyway and had my truck fixed by Monday. The rest of these dealers ought to know that the people that take care of us right will get return business and referals. By the way I won't name dealer's names but I live in Redding California.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts