Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am in 2wd, hubs are not lockec. But my 4x4light is on. This is what happen get off work, coming home I cross a set of railroad tracks. Well I cross the tracks doing 55. Right after I cross the tracks the light comes on. Now I can not get it to go off. Do you all think this maybe a simple wire touching eachother causing the light to be on.

I pulled off onto a dirtroad to check the 4wheeldrive. It works if I put the switch to 4hi it goes into 4hi, if I put it in 4low it goes into 4low. If I go back to 2wd it goes into 2wd but the stupid light stays on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
definatly sounds like a wire problem. you should check underneath on the t-case and pull the electric connection off and clean it and do the same for the switch on the dash. my e-mail is [email protected] i will be more than happy to work with you and help u to the best of my abilities.

·
Registered
18 Posts
electrical

Your problem is for sure electrical. you will need to get underneath your truck if equiped with (electric switch in cab) and pull the plug off the t-case and clean it even if you have manual shifter chech underneath near the linkage. after that if that does not work you will need to pull the electric switch out of dash and check it. if nothing there i would replace the switch. be more than happy to help the best i can e-nail is [email protected]

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I am thinking. But I was just checking to see if anyone else has had this problem. I know alot of people have had problems with the hubs. But this is a new one for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts