Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I have a 97 F350 with a 7.3 DRW and a friend has a 97 F350 with a 351 Single rear wheel 4X4. I want to take the 4X4 drive train and put in my truck. Its in much better shape! From what i read, its not that difficult but what I am worried about is the fact that it is a 351. Will the transfer case, front end and rear end work with my 7.3 and transmission? Can you think of any issues that I may be missing? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i know your front and rear end will work perfect only issue i see would be with the transfer case not matching your transmission but thats just a guess

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
You need a 4x4 transmission to mount to the transfer case. If both trucks have the same transmission, you could probably pull them apart to create a 4x4 diesel transmission.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Drive shafts probably won't work for rear and his 351 front suspension I'm told is different than f350 diesel front suspension as well, if cab and bed length is same drive shaft should work tho

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
the front spring will have to be replaced with the stiffer diesel springs due to the weight differance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts