Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2017 F 350 wants to start out in 4th shifts fine from there, I found a TCM at a junkyard to try and see if thats the problem, but I can't locate the TCM on my pickup. Does anyone on here know where its located?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Should be under driver door outside frame rail mounted to the floor pan. Though I would imagine and think if it was the TCM, you'd have all sorts of codes so not really sure that's your issue. Are you still within warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since I tuned it Ford won't honor the warranty, they also said they couldn't read codes which I don't believe. The guy that did the tune can read the codes but not the dealership. The codes are P 0748 P 0073 and P 0963

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'd try another tune before throwing a TCM at it, that's the easier thing to try and more logical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
already did that, can't get pickup in tranny shop until Oct 12, so I bought a TCM from junkyard to see if that is the problem, but the TCM on a 2017 is not under drivers side bolted to bottom of floor it is on my 2012 but not my 2017

·
Registered
1 Posts
already did that, can't get pickup in tranny shop until Oct 12, so I bought a TCM from junkyard to see if that is the problem, but the TCM on a 2017 is not under drivers side bolted to bottom of floor it is on my 2012 but not my 2017
You ever get it fixed?? Im going through this exact same issue on my '18 King Ranch, got my TCM swapped after it was throwing the P0770 code and it worked for about a day, long enough for me to tow my 6200lb boat. It went right back to starting out in 4th and the service team at my ford dealer said it was completely okay to tow. The truck is still back in 4th and up so im curious as if it is another issue besides the TCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts