Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after letting my truck sit for 3 weeks i go out and i notice that my converter wasn’t locking at all... so i just was using it to go to and from town (about 2 miles). Today I was driven to my buds house so we could try to figure out what’s wrong (no luck) and it went into lock up.. About a min later it unlocked for a sec and then locked again... this was all at about 55mph. then when I was going 40 it wouldn’t lock back up for a while but it did. It does have a flash tune that came with it, but I don’t know what kind it is. The fluid dose look and smell slightly warn and it looks like it slightly over filled (like a 1/8'' over the full mark on the dip stick). I think that I may just need to be flushed out and a new filter. If anyone know what going on with my 4r100 any advice would be help full… kind of wish I waited a little longer and gotten a 6 speed:tard:.
Thanks, marcos

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update. i put a new filter and fluids and cleaned the megnet and that cured it... but today after doing some offroading there was fulid pooring outa the torque conveter cover. i was just able to make it to a parking spot befor it got so low that the converter drained. i was thinking the seal went? im gona go get it towed home tommarow so i can look at it... i new i shoulda got that 6 speed =/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts