Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the trans has been slipping a bit for a while now. Tonight I went to get in the truck and put it in Reverse and nothing. Just revved up. Tried throwing it in Drive and the same thing happened. I can hear some chattering within the clutch plate somewhere which brings me to think my clutch is fried. The only thing that's weird is that the clutch engages sometimes.

I turned the truck off and then back on, got her to engage and move. Got her around the corner and nothing. She rolled to the side off the street to where I turned the truck on and off a couple times to where she finally jumped gear again and I got her around the block to where she sits for now.

Well what are everyone's predictions here? Fried clutch?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at your mods list, estimated hp, and year of the truck........the tranny is toast. Sorry man but you need to get your wallet out.
nothing else you can think of? i should just bend over and get F**ked?

·
Premium Member
6,449 Posts
nothing else you can think of? i should just bend over and get F**ked?
Well you said yourself it's been slipping for a while now so what do you expect? Did you think the stage 2 injectors and ts chip would make it last longer? Didn't think so. I honestly hope I'm wrong but other than what Ralph suggested about checking the trans fluid, (which I hope was done long before posting this thread) the outcome is probably not in your favor. Sorry man:dunno:

·
Registered
571 Posts
So what type of Trans did you go with?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
571 Posts
Cost?
Factory converter?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cost?
Factory converter?
I had a full build done. Luckily for me I have friends who are good friends with our local tranny shop. So I got a 3500$ build for 2100. Not exactly sure what's in it but it holds my power with no slip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts