Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 7.3 CCSB 4X4 2016 6.7 CCSB 4X4
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 4R100 HD that was put in my truck at about 84K miles, when the factory 4R100 failed, I now have over 260K on the 4R100HD. I run a 6.0 cooler, Amsoil fluid and have added a external spin on filter. I was looking to see if anyone has experience with life expectancy of the HD versions. The truck is an 01 with 325K miles on it. I am not exactly sure what the difference between the HD and the standard 4R100 is. I have heard that the pump, input shaft and clutch material are the big ones. When I change the fluid and filters I get the gray clutch material but nothing else in the pan. I tow trailers frequently anywhere from 8K to 4K lbs and some are cross country and back trips. Pulling heavy trailer in summertime trans temps never go above 200. My thing is am I on borrowed time? I don't want to be stranded somewhere. Should bite the bullet and replace it?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I can't help you on longevity.. I've only had mine for about 40,000 miles/5 or 6 years (I don't drive my truck as much as I used to anymore).

Here's what they did different to beef it up some.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts