Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 7.3 CCSB 4X4 2016 6.7 CCSB 4X4
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have a 2001 7.3 with a 4R100 HD reman that was installed at 84,721 miles. I now have 253,850 on the truck which is 169,129 on the trans. A new factory cooler was installed when trans was (done by Ford Dealer). I added a 6.0 cooler at 217,563 which puts 36,287 on the cooler. I also put an external spin on filter for the trans at time of cooler install. I have a trans temp gauge and everything was running fine with factory cooler and even better with the 6.0. I am the second owner but I know the first owner he had all services done at a dealer. I do occasional heavy towing and some light towing. Has been serviced regularly. I currently use Amsoil TorqueDrive fluid. Last time I changed pan filter, pan was clean except for a gray almost paste like material in bottom of the pan.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the original 4R100 and the 4R100 HD? Has anyone had the HD trans and how long did it last? I am trying to get an idea of how long mine has left considering how soon the first one failed. I do a lot of highway driving and don't want to be left stranded.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
not much difference from my finding except a heavier tc and a few valves changed in the valve bodies. ive rebuilt a few and do my own hd work to them. the biggest killer of the
4r is heat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts