Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After revamping my 4R100, I am still having the same issues with it. Very sluggish shift, does not take off at all, Does not lock up on 1st going down hill, high revs, high temp, and have a a flashing OD light immediately after starting.

This is a list of things that are current in my tranny. Things that I though would completely fix my problems. Can anyone give me an idea why I'm still having these problems???

1. BTS modified Accumulator
  2. BTS Modified Pump, to accommodate a Stallion Triple disc torque converter
  3. Master Rebuild Kit by SunCoast (new clutch, seals, steels, pistons, gaskets, etc...)
  4. Entirely new XLE8 PCM, since I thought it had been a PCM issue, I had it reflashed
  5. New Solenoid pack, pwm
  6. Dual Trans Oil coolers @65,000 GVW

The main thing I have not changed is my main valve body, I can imagine that it would be the issue, but I'm wondering if anyone here can shed the light on this.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
do you have ANY way of reading the stored trans codes? I had a 5r110w that wouldn't move forward after a R&R, Turns out 2 of the pins for the main harness that connects to the trans got bent over. Would have been hell to chase down if it weren't for the solenoid code I got.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called BTS and Brian recommended I run the scanner through and check the reading on the speed sensors. The scanner I ran today would load the data. Thought it was a major PCM problem, but the scanner also wouldn't work on my functioning Grand Cherokee. Will try another one tomorrow.

Thanks yall!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
what scanner did you try?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still can't get any codes off the scanner.

In the mean time, the engine stalls when I put it in reverse, after driving it for a while.

Okay, now I have to get a new solenoid pack (not a rebuilt one) since it may be my TCC solenoid is bad. What is the difference between a F81P-7G391-CC and a F81Z-7G391-CB???

I've always assumed that my 4R100 is a PWM, but I'm wondering if it's a detail that I overlooked.

If I am to get the speed sensors, it says the 4R100 takes two speed sensors, are they two of the same long (37mm) sensors?

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
there are 3 differnt types of the 4R100. they each have different solenoid packs. you may have gotten the wrong one. wrong solenoid pack will make it do what youre saying. the ford dealership will need the numbers off the trans

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what I was thinking. Are they able to get it off the VIN? Can't figure out the numbers of the tran.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Yes, they can do it with the vin-as for the speed sensors, there is an input and an output-they are used to determine slippage. I doubt they are the same part number!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright guys, thanks a lot. Transmission is a PWM, and I do have the correct pump and will be testing for resistance when I pull it out.

I ordered new sensors (OSS and TSS), wire harness repair for solenoid, and manual lever positions sensor (just for general maintenance).

Now on this stalling issue on reverse, it seems to be consistent when the ATF gets hot. The dealership on the phone tell me it might be a bad TCC solenoid. But I'm reading on the forums and it relates the problem to loose filters??? Is it that simple? I mean I will look at all solutions, but any further insight on the stalling?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 2001 F250. Have you come up with any solutions to your problem? I dont want to replace the solenoid pack if you have any info. I have rebuilt tranny but it will still not pull in forward. Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts