Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the big issue with the 4r100 when you put quite a bit of power behind them? Is it the valvebody in them setup not to have a lot of line pressure and causes these trannys to give out kinda qiuck?

This is what i have been told by some ppl in the past but wanted to clarify that.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
They have always been the weak point of a F250/350...the 6spd on the other hand can handle more. I don't know what the issues are.

If you call over at Brian's Truck Shop, bet he will give you the run down...he specializes in these.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Well first off the 6 speed isnt much better cuase you still have to upgrade the clutch. Now the auto is weak once you put some power to it. A built auto will pull circles around a 6 speed anyday of the week. BTS is a great transmission

·
Registered
100 Posts
How much power can these hold in stoke form. I have a triple dick torqe converter with dp tunes and a 38r. How long do you give me on the stock box. It has 110000 now

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hard to say...have you owned it since day 1? Do you tow? Depends on what that skinny pedal does too. Doggin' it all the time isn't gonna help...just sayin' not that you do or anything lol

·
lost in space
1,387 Posts
How much power can these hold in stoke form. I have a triple dick torqe converter with dp tunes and a 38r. How long do you give me on the stock box. It has 110000 now
lol...new signature line :hehe:

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Thats pretty good. Well I've heard of people just putting in a triple dick converter :rofl: and its to strong for the rest of the stock parts. I may have just thought that in my head but im pretty sure I didnt...

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Gotta do what you gotta do :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts