Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,000 Posts
4C3Z-9F838-A is the current part number. Not sure what the AB is, but I would stick w/ the A

·
6.2 Convert
1,385 Posts
Isn't there a different sensor between the 03/early 04 and the late 04 thru 07?

·
6,000 Posts
The early sensor is 3C3Z-9F838-EA (although the 4C3Z-9F838-A will work fine in the 03-04.25 model years also).

·
6.2 Convert
1,385 Posts
I thought I remembered something like that from back when I changed mine. Didn't know the new one could be used in my old truck though. That'll be handy next time it starts spraying oil! Thanks!

·
6,000 Posts
Hijack alert ........

I used the early model ICP on my 06 for a year or so, just to see if I could notice a difference (they have a slightly different calibration curve than the later ones). The theory was that it might produce a little extra power (ie report a slightly lower value than actual). Never noticed a difference, except my fuel economy seemed to dip a little. Seemed to come back when I went back to the correct sensor. My fuel economy data is pretty detailed, but the difference was small and certainly could be noise, but I can say for sure the only motivation for using one model year sensor in the other model year engine would be reliability (or if you were in a pinch). The later model year sensors seem to be more reliable.

·
6,000 Posts
Please help me learn Powerstrokes, I'm new...what's ICP? what does it do?
Probably best to start a new thread.

That said - The link below is a good start (and ICP means Injector Control Pressure, it reports the pressure of the high pressure oil system, which is used to actuate the injectors).

Ford's Power Stroke Powerplants - Engine Builder Magazine

Then read this (and remember there are model year differences in these trucks that make it important to know for your truck model year):

http://www.powerstrokediesel.com/docs/EF_456.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts