Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done this? is it possible? what needs to be done? If anyone has then pics would also be great!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Yep, done it. Here is a crappy pic but this is an 8" with 44's. It was a MF getting them to fit but we did it with lots of cutting. They still rub at full lock so that's the only thing we still have to deal with as far as that goes.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much cutting do you think will need to be done to fit 40's

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Still going to be quite a bit I would assume. There are so many variables there is no way to know until you get the tires on and see what needs to be done. We cut, turned the wheels, cut more, turned the wheels, cut more, turned the wheels, on and on and on until we finally cut enough. It was so bad when we first put the tires on you couldn't turn the wheel more than about an inch before they would hit so we called it the straight truck LOL

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really want to do it i just dont know if chopping up my truck is going to be worth it.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
how do you get tires that big to barely rub the leaves??? my 36s love to rub. I could barely turn before, now even most 4x4 U-turns are out of the question

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Well if your scared of cutting don't do it. We cut everything from the flares to the bumper so none of these parts will ever fit another truck. I can tell you this though. You know you've built a cool truck when everywhere you go people ask you how much you want for it so if your worried about reselling I don't think that'll be an issue. It's starting to be a real hassle dealing with the people asking questions non stop though. Some people are flat out rude about it and expect you to stop your life to answer their rediculous questions.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I think I would stop you just so I could look at it up close, thats a nice truck. the only thing I get asked about is my lawnmower.
where would I find spacers?
all I had to cut for my tires was the front bumper and I had to take off the running boards. much bigger and I would have to cut the cab corners

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
thats what I worry about is if it flexes some and starts to scrub. though I dont plan on driving up any mountains with this truck like I did with my 150

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
8in fab tech 24x10s and 40x14.50s.. my truck.. barley any trimming at all... it still scrubs if you try and flex it out, but i dont do any off roading with my truck so i pretty much never scrub..
Thats exactly how i want my truck to sit, thanks for the help and pics.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I think I would stop you just so I could look at it up close, thats a nice truck. the only thing I get asked about is my lawnmower.
where would I find spacers?
all I had to cut for my tires was the front bumper and I had to take off the running boards. much bigger and I would have to cut the cab corners
dont *****e out on spacers either, cheap spacers will result in failure.

·
Registered
444 Posts
yea i ended up having to do spacers bc my tires were too far in and i was scrubing.. but proper back spacing will fix that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts