Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to dump the swamps tunes I have and make some custom ones for my truck... Is there other software out there besides minotaur that I can use to tune the 7.3? Does anyone know of a place that's reputable in Florida where I can live tune it? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use PHPs Minotaur software. It a on their website. I originally bought it with my hydra as they sell a package deal. You just have to pay for the license and then pay for the definition files for your pcm family. They have a tutorial on YouTube of the software. I took a short tutorial video as well but the video quality is low. My phone camera does not like capturing a LCD screen very well.

The only other self tuner software package on the market is sniper tunings software however it is not very user friendly and lacks a lot compared to the minotaur package. Also Minotaur is what most of the tuners tuning on the hydra platform are using.

Minotaur is a very nice tool and there are no limits to what control you have. There is a learning curve. It's best to make small changes one at a time and test those changes out. You can also compare two tunes at a time which helps a lot starting out.

Here is a small sample view. This is the main FUEL injection PW map. The red lines are the factory calibration for my pcm and the black is one of my calibrations for 200% nozzles.

Reactions: 7.3 powerchoke

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use PHPs Minotaur software. It a on their website. I originally bought it with my hydra as they sell a package deal. You just have to pay for the license and then pay for the definition files for your pcm family. They have a tutorial on YouTube of the software. I took a short tutorial video as well but the video quality is low. My phone camera does not like capturing a LCD screen very well.

The only other self tuner software package on the market is sniper tunings software however it is not very user friendly and lacks a lot compared to the minotaur package. Also Minotaur is what most of the tuners tuning on the hydra platform are using.

Minotaur is a very nice tool and there are no limits to what control you have. There is a learning curve. It's best to make small changes one at a time and test those changes out. You can also compare two tunes at a time which helps a lot starting out.

Here is a small sample view. This is the main FUEL injection PW map. The red lines are the factory calibration for my pcm and the black is one of my calibrations for 200% nozzles.
Okay thank you very much for the info... Looks like Minotaur it is (which is what I was already leaning towards) ... Looks like it'll just take a little playing around with to dial them in how I want

·
Registered
887 Posts
It takes a second to figure the software out and learn how to make changes. Once you get comfortable with it you will realize how user friendly the software is. Also do be careful what you are adjusting. There is always the potential for engine damage should you adjust parameters too far like advancing the timing too much. Theres no safety interlocks inside the software you can adjust anything. There are tutorials and threads and information around the net on how to tune these 7.3 using the software.

Reactions: 7.3 powerchoke

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It takes a second to figure the software out and learn how to make changes. Once you get comfortable with it you will realize how user friendly the software is. Also do be careful what you are adjusting. There is always the potential for engine damage should you adjust parameters too far like advancing the timing too much. Theres no safety interlocks inside the software you can adjust anything. There are tutorials and threads and information around the net on how to tune these 7.3 using the software.
Yeah thanks for the heads up ... I'll be very careful with the parameters I do adjust .... Small small baby steps :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts