Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to reach 400 rwhp on my 97?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Eh, no need for a fuel system.

Forddieseltweek was making 450 on the stock OBS fuel system.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
You will need a bigger oil pump. I have 195hp injectors on mine and every time i floor it it throws a code for not enough oil.

·
Registered
227 Posts
u can reach 400 with a set of stage 2 with dual hpop and a bigger charger. with my stage 2 i bumped up 2 453h and 841ftb. But your gonna spend some money on the way there. good luck let me no if you have any questions.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Hmm, I'm well passed 400 with the stock HPOP :eek:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well how about some more info our way on what you have done to the truck or if you have been to a dyno what did it lay down

Airaid intake, exhaust, superchip, downpipe....what would you suggest for more power

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Well how about some more info our way on what you have done to the truck or if you have been to a dyno what did it lay down

Airaid intake, exhaust, superchip, downpipe....what would you suggest for more power
Have you dynoed it? Dyno it and see where you are.....but I would say get rid of the superchips, then get a Wildman chip and injectors.....that should put you close

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Well first thing most are going to suggest is to toss the superchip in favor of a flip chip from either DP or tony wildman. after that I thing a bigger charger would be next on my list because you will be running out of air, once you have the charger though you'll need more fuel so sticks would be next. From there the hpop and fuel system seem to be the follow up to the injectors.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys for all your help....ill let you know how its going:icon_ford:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have 97 f250 that put down 270 hp to the wheels. this is on stock trubo with tweekls and stock injectors. only high dolor product on my truck in an intercooler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 97 f250 that put down 270 hp to the wheels. this is on stock trubo with tweekls and stock injectors. only high dolor product on my truck in an intercooler.
I have a stock 97 7.3 turbo. 270 is good enough for me :D

what tweeks did you do? :thumb:

·
Registered
227 Posts
When i had my truck dynoed at stock with a chip intake exhaust and a edge icp box i only put down 199 hp. i find it hard to believe you put down 27o with just an intercooler upgrade. You can reach over 400 with stock hpop but its hard on your injectors and it will make your truck surge a little when start it and sometimes after a dyno run. But i ran mine like that 4 a while when mine was getting fixed but i would suggest the dual hpop.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
He must have got on the SSS dyno:hehe:

I agree, injectors and turbo at the very least.

·
Registered
781 Posts
with tweecks to the turbo!!! also forget to mention that im runing on vegy oil. runing with smaller housing, cut out warm up valve, and a banks wheel made for the 99-03 7.3L. And ya stock small trubo. made 27psi. on the dyno. I seem to beat all of the newer 7.3 with chip intake exhaust. not by much but i still do. and the fuel is so called "sake fuel" runs great in my truck. thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts