Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 4 wheel drive does not engage on my 02. when I turn the switch, the light comes on, but the front wheels don't provide power. I am hoping someone may provide some ideas of what the problem may be.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
69 Posts
usually the vacume diaphram on the hubs themselvs... can you manually lock them in and all works fine, that will help ypou isolate the problem.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
You could just have a vacume line with a hole in it. Like said before you need to determine if the transfer case is ingaging first if so it is hub and vacume related.

·
Registered
191 Posts
it doesnt seem like i have the option to manual lock the hubs, i have a 01 f250 lariat cc lb 4x4 there is a little dot on the outer case of the hub but they dont turn. anyone else have this problem

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Youre hubs are bad they either need pulln apart and cleaned or reaplaced. It all depends on what you find when you pull them apart.

·
Registered
191 Posts
so i said screw it and put the warn manuals on, yea i have to get out and lock them in but at least i know they are locked. now i just need to plug the old air lines.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the same issue just happen to me. I replaced the lines today, put it in 4wd and nothing. Called a buddy of mine at ford, turned out to be the vacuum pump, all is now well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.