Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 17 f350cclb that I want to lift. Thinking of going with a 4 or 6 inch lift. I know some may not like the look but I'm going to run 33x14.50 on a 12 inch wide wheel, or 35x14.50 on 12 wide. I was wondering if it affects the cruise control or any other features. I am leaning toward the 4 inch because I sometimes pull a gooseneck.

Any recommendations on the lift? I'm a little nervousness because of all the death wobble threads. Lol!

·
Registered
271 Posts
You know a lift is meant to allow bigger tires to get your diffs higher off the ground right lol. If you go 6” lift and put on 33s, your truck will look like this pic. Lol

Readylift seams to be a very popular lift on the forums. I had a 6” procomp lift in a previous truck and it didn’t even last 20,000km. All the bushings gave out and were on a 3 month back order. I would stay away from them.

Attachments

·
california deplorable
10,482 Posts
i know its a deifferent yeaar on mine but i am running a 4" BDS lift very solid
almost too much so at times. tows great your 17 should fit 35's with no lift at all lots of guys run a 295 75 20 which is a 35x11x20 on stock set up.
the other thing to bear in mind is a lift is to gain ground clearance (always a good thing in my opinion)
BUT
we are starting with an already top heavy truck so going too tall is likely to run you into more problems than not lifting at all.
all said and done i would go 4" wit a 14.5 wide tire on a 20x12 rim and love the look
also be aware once your tires exceed the width of the wheel well...you are going to have paint chis dings and mud all winter long
just my .02

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had lifted trucks before, so I know a little bit, lol. But I was really wanting to know what brand. I realize 35s would fit, but only on a narrow rim. I want to run at least a 12 inch wide wheel. I know that it will cause a lot of dings and and debris slung up the side, that's my biggest drawback to this.
I'm thinking 4 inch and I can still use my gooseneck and and 33x 14.5 on 12s will have room with that setup. I don't want to cut any on the fender, and only minor trimming on the air damn.
Any one on here running 12 wides on their 17up truck? Wanting to know if you had any death wobble issues.
I will do the work myself, I've been building my trucks since early 2000s.
Here is my mud truck for reference.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts