Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I go with the 4" or 5" flo-pro? I want to go with the aluminized steel with no bungs. And what size flo-pro tip should I go with? there is a site dieselpowerproducts.com that has flo-pro on sale so I want to take advantage of it while i can. :D

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
5" would be my choice!

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Depends on if you want it to be deeper tone. You're paying a bit more to change the sound.
There is absolutely no performance gain to getting the 5"...

I had 5", if it were me and my truck again??? I'd get the 5" with a 7" rolled tip :nod:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Depends on if you want it to be deeper tone. You're paying a bit more to change the sound.
There is absolutely no performance gain to getting the 5"...
X2... just whatever sound you want and if you want to spend the extra money.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Have 5" and glad I went with 5" rather then 4" after hearing both.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Dont be silly. Get the 5". Really is a no-brainer and not that much more $

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
5" with a 5 to 6" tip.....i did the muffler as well....sounds nice looks tuff.....rolled my tuned up truck into the service dept of the local ford dealership, split power steering hose, and the service mgr comes in and says" man, how much do you have into that truck?, that exhaust sounds amazing"

·
Registered
102 Posts
Question with the 5" pipe, can you put the cat/dpf back where it goes when its time to take it in for the emissions, or would i have to go back in a put the whole stock exhaust back on? Right now i have the banks 4" dpf back exhaust on the truck now.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
4" is all you really need, but 5" does look and sound great. I also suggest looking at Diamond Eye exhaust kits. They are every bit as nice as Flo-Pro, if not better, and are cheaper. Either way you decide, give us a holler with the best price you find and we will beat it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Question with the 5" pipe, can you put the cat/dpf back where it goes when its time to take it in for the emissions, or would i have to go back in a put the whole stock exhaust back on? Right now i have the banks 4" dpf back exhaust on the truck now.
all of the stock goes back on.....you would need it for your sensor hookups.....just 2 flange bolts and the hangers ... pretty easy..:woot:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Diamond Eye is your best bet, the Flo~Pro is lacking in quality over the Diamond Eye. We offer both but only promote the Diamond Eye so give us a shout when your ready and we will quote you on both systems!

- Daniel

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
ok.....so lets see...i buy three complete setups for 3 different trucks from the vendors here.....not once did they tell me " hey diamond eye is better quality the flo-pro.....never mentioned......well i can tell you this, referencing from another current thread on here.......never once did the flo-pro hit the shocks and never ever did one of the hangers break off as i've read the diamond eye did........so take it with a gain of salt when a vendor is recommending something....

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Diamond Eye is fairly new to the DPF Race kit scene and they did have some issues with a few of their first kits. We were hesitant to recommend them at first due to this issue, but they have now got the issue fixed and they have been doing great. Also, the Diamond Eye kits are all straight piped right now so if you want a kit with a muffler, Flo-Pro, AFE, or MBRP are the way to go. MBRP is also new to the Race exhaust market and we have done a few of their kits with good results. We have held off recommending them to people until we get more out in the filed to make sure they are fitting all trucks. The market is continually changing, what was the best yesterday, isnt necessarily the best today.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Does Diamond Eye have a stainless steel exhaust that you can get like Flo-Pro? Living in central Illinois i'd hate to have it rust away on me or have to paint it just to make it last.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Diamond EYe dont have them available in stainless yet, unfortunately. The aluminized will last quite some time though. We have people running aluminized kits in very harsh environments and they have lasted 10+ years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
5 inch Flo pro , 5 to 6 inch black flo pro tip, fits, sounds and looks great. The 5 inch is definitely the way to go. I bought and had nine installed by Kem Racing. They only sale what they test and run on their own trucks , which gives me a piece of mind that you can not go wring with flo pro and the quality is there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts