Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have one and how hard wasi it to make it fit?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I would think you would need a body lift to get a 4" down pipe to fit in a OBS. 3 is tight enough. I've never seen a 4" for a OBS offered

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about getting one for a superduty and making work when I get my new turbo. I have thought about moving the egine forward but not sure if that would do it without messing to much up.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Other than you want it, you really don't need it. 3in is big enough for a downpipe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
39 Posts
I replaced the stock 3" with a 3.5" and it fit really tight I even had to dent it to keep it from hiting the right front leaf spring this is on a 2004 with a 6.O L

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to hyjack my own thread a little bit.

Will 230cc hybrid handle the s366? what kind of power will that kind of steup with the right mods make. I want to pull it but my options are a 62mm inducer for the workhorse class or a 66mm inducer for the street comp class.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a true 4" turbo back exhaust on my 96, i had to bend the cab a little but i thought it was pretty easy, dont know why everybody thinks its impossible, i didnt dent the tube or anything, i took a 4" 90 degree elbow out of the back piece of a banks exhaust (since i didnt need it becuz of the stacks) and then used flexible tubing for the rest of the downpipe one problem i have is that the truck vibrates a little bit in the cab at high rpms becuz its so tight it hits the cab a bit but got used to it right away

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you folks saying that a 4" down tube will not fit without modification? I ordered a
4" turbo back mbrp exhaust with 5"ss tip.

99 F350 Superduty 7.3L Powerstroke diesel AFE stage II cold air intake (on order) 4" turbo back exhaust with 4" down tube and 5" SS tip.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Are you folks saying that a 4" down tube will not fit without modification? I ordered a
4" turbo back mbrp exhaust with 5"ss tip.

99 F350 Superduty 7.3L Powerstroke diesel AFE stage II cold air intake (on order) 4" turbo back exhaust with 4" down tube and 5" SS tip.
4" works just fine on a super duty:thumb:

·
Sparkplugs Not Required
405 Posts
Isn't the MBRP kit really a 3.5" downpipe into a 4" exhaust?

·
Registered
214 Posts
yea the 3.5 was a pain to put in but a hammer will fix it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts