they look like 4600's

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I bought these outside of ebay from the seller. I talked to Bilstein and they said that those are old stock, but they are the exact same as 5100 series shocks for 4"-6" lift, the difference is the finish. Hopefully they'll come in soon, I've been running Superlift hydro's for about 10k now and am ready for a real set of shocks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool deal. Good to know that the only difference is the finish. Let me know how they work out. I think you will be happy.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I will never buy another brand of shocks again. My truck was hard to keep in a straight line, rode rough, I could feel every crack in the road.

Installed the new Bilsteins last night and feel like I just got a new truck. It handles much better, and all of my weird squeaks and clunks are gone as well. Thanks for this post, it saved me a ton of money.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
Bilstien shocks are great. DCSpecial got me a great deal on a set for my truck. The 5100's also have a lifetime warranty if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I thought the 5100 lifted shocks were silver with black boots... at least mine are. I love Bilsteins, but I couldn't handle the yellow/blue ones.
Like I said, these are old stock identical to the 5100 other than the finish. The rears are HD models which are a little stiffer than the 5100. They are valved for towing.

I can live with yellow and blue if it saves me $200. :D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Bilstein's website and customer service says otherwise. They explained it as these being the old part number and they are the same as the new part 5100 for 4"-6". I measured them extended and compressed against the lift shocks I had on it and they were all nearly the same dimensions.

BTW, they are already mounted and work great.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts