·
Premium Member
11,716 Posts

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yeah i'll pass on aftermarket tunes.

I remember that duboggle back in the ol 6.0 days.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine will shift into 6th between 45-50 MPH like the others have posted and lug it and downshift on a hill if it drops to 41-42 MPH

I think it just is what it is.

·
Premium Member
11,716 Posts
yeah i'll pass on aftermarket tunes.

I remember that duboggle back in the ol 6.0 days.
I'm not sure what you are referring to. I tuned my 6.0 within two or three months after I bought it and never had an issue with the tunes I ran. I did do headgaskets at 185k miles, but there's been a lot of non-tuned trucks that didn't last that long. That truck is still going strong at around 275k miles now and still tuned with SPD.

I initially was not going to tune my 6.7, but I despise the EGR/SCR/DPF requirements and the problems that go along with them. Custom tuning is the only way to get around that.

However, you can also get emissions legal tunes and TCM only tunes. So you can keep the OEM tuning for the engine, if you prefer, and only change parameters (ie. shift points) for the transmission. My shift points are almost perfect. The upshifts are spot on, but I wouldn't mind if the downshifts were delayed a little.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine shifts to 6th OD around 45MPH at about 1200RPM. It seems to lug that low, but Ford does that to maximize MPG.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
so I think we can put this thread to bed. It appears everyone's truck shifts early and lugs.

I just wanted to make sure mine wasn't having issues.

It seems if I'm heavy on the throttle or have a trailer hooked behind it actually shifts way better.

Regardless, it has to be way better than those 10 speed guys, slamming and searching all day long.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts