Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the lift by myself in about 10 hours. The mini spring pack from Deaver makes the rear very easy to install. I already had an extra leaf in the rear to start, I kept it in there so that the rear will sit a touch higher than the front. The front was a little tricky to let the front axle down far enough to get the taller coils in. Having a 3rd jack made it easier to balance the axle. The quality of the lift seems to be great! The 4 link radius arms are beefy! I added Bilstein 5100 series shocks with the lift. I went with 37x12.50R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my stock 20" wheels. It really sits up there now. The only issue I am having is the front drivers side tire rubs the radius arm at full turn to the left. The right front doesn't even come close at full turn to the right. Should there be that much difference side to side? I am pretty sure my tract bar is adjusted very close to perfect.:dunno: I'll have pics up tonight!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pics Please!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
did you add a drop trac bar bracket?

It sounds like your axle is shifted a little bit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you add a drop trac bar bracket?

It sounds like your axle is shifted a little bit
No trac bar drop bracket, Just the adjustable trac bar with the lift. I went out and measured to see if my axle was centered. It was over to the drvers side a 1/4". I adjusted it to center but at full turn to the left it still hits the radius arm....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow, looks really nice! I have been going back and forth between staying stock and lifting, but your truck is really putting me over the edge.

How's the ride?

Did you get this from Top Gun Customz?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks good. Nice proportional look to it. Much like the 2.5" lift and 35's.

I've considered removing my 2.5" and going with a 4" for a little more tire clearance over my 35's, but I'm up in the air about it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Looks really good! Clean and simple always turns out looking great IMO.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very Nice!

Looks Tough!

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Looks great!! To me, that's the stance these trucks should have from the factory.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!! I got the lift thru CT Performance. The ride is okay, I have only drove it about 10 miles since I put it on. I will be driving it a bunch today so I'll let you know. I think I need to drop the air pressure in the tires a bit. I put them at 70psi. I think I need to go down to 65ish.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Glad you got it installed..10hours is a very good at home install time.! Love the color of your truck!!

I'd try 45 PSI in back..

If anyone would like additional info or pricing please PM me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have about 800 miles of driving on the lift now. It rides pretty good for a lifted truck. It is about what I expected really. I can definitely feel the sway with the 37's. I haven't towed anything yet. I will be towing a 24' enclosed trailer about 350 miles this weekend. I'll let post my thoughts on how it does after the weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts