Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know, someone's probably posted something about this already, but when I went out to a job in the Bronx, NY today, I saw a funny looking Ford cabover flatbed with a PowerStroke tag on it. The kid I was working with says it's a 4.2l PowerStroke Turbo-Diesel in it...it almost looked european. Can anyone tell me something about this. Or is my co-worker a "Walt Disney"?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yah I saw that to its a baby v-6 of the 6.0 its only avail. in the mid size cab over small diesel for the f150 is some sota land rover engine called the lion

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
It's a twin turbo 4.5L

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The baby stroke is not the same one that is the LION is it? The lion is a rover motor and the 4.2 or whatever it is, is a baby stroke international. I drove a cab over ford truck for work one day had 30,000 miles on it and Blew the head gaskets, left me stranded 500 miles from pittsburgh. I am 90% sure that it wasn't twin turbo'd

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
either way sounds kinda cool

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, either way, it was interesting to see. I just can't believe they'd use a smaller diesel on a vehicle designed strictly for hauling. Unless, of course, it has more torque than a 7.3 or 6.0.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I dont know of the power levels but that cab over ran pretty good until it went kablooey

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
earlier he said it blew head gaskets right? or something went wrong

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
earlier he said it blew head gaskets right? or something went wrong
Oh yeah:doh:! Sorry, usually when I hear "kablooey", I'm thinking "explosions". Like another wonderful Ford recall:hehe:!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts