Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Wow —I’m liking that a lot! Sounds like you’re sitting on the departure end of a runway...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm running the same exhaust. I love it, not to loud in the cab, but has great sound when you romp on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah sounds is good. Like you said, slight rumble and nice turbo whistle and idle/moderate throttle

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
484 Posts
How does it sound when you really get on it?

I have a 5" MBRP, Turbo-Back, No Cat / Muffler.

I love the sound from down low but I can't stand the 'rasp' it has when it starts screaming. All of my friends love it and say "that's a 6.0!" but maybe I'm just getting old.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts

I love the sound from down low but I can't stand the 'rasp' it has when it starts screaming. All of my friends love it and say "that's a 6.0!" but maybe I'm just getting old.

That happens to people all the time. One day they're diggin'-on their exhaust and the next day their shoes are too tight...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It’s not too bad during WOT. Not too raspy, just enough to sounds good

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
484 Posts
If you're able to capture it on video / audio do me a solid and post it. No worries.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd describe the sound as a "healthy 454". In my cab, windows up, it's not annoying. If you were to stand next to the truck, we'll, it's something else to hear. Also sounds like a jet engine when warming up. Don't hear that in the cab at all.
I was contemplating adding a muffler to mine, until I heard it, changed my mind. A muffler is always something you can add later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only issue I’m having is a little vibration in the cab. I’m going to adjust some this weekend because the extension from the down pipe is sitting on the crossmember of the frame. May have to cut an inch off the down pipe to get it off the crossmember

·
Registered
149 Posts
It’s hard to hear in a video. I can just feel it, especially leaving out of my driveway where the body twists a little. The pipe shouldn’t be sitting on the frame correct?
I'm uploading to YouTube right now. No it shouldn't be sitting on the cross member.
I had to turn/twist the pipes to get everything fitted right.
Once everything was cut to length, I assembled it loose, got everything lined up, from front to rear, and then tightened it up. This took the most time, but fit is really good.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
484 Posts
@6riders thanks a ton for the videos. That's exactly what I was wanting to hear.

I haven't left the house in almost 3 weeks (IT, working from home amid this Corona Pandemic) but maybe I'll get out this weekend and grab a video of mine to illustrate the difference.

I can hear the "6.0 rasp" but it's way, way less obnoxious than mine. I absolutely love the sound of my truck from idle all the way up until it "starts singing". I find myself never giving it more than half throttle just to keep the sounds where I like it.

I'm wishing I'd have gone with the 4". I had a 5" on my 6.4 and went with the same on my 6.0. Damn it.

Now to find someone with a 5" and a muffler so I can hear what it sounds like at WOT. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts