Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '07 F350 Outlaw edition... had it two weeks and the #3 injector went out... Looking at the OASIS report injector #1 & #7 and the fuel pump have already been replaced...

Could this cause my other injectors to go out sooner? is it better to replace them all?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
To me that would depend on what I found was killing the injectors. I would pin point test all the injector connections for electrical problems and repair or replace the wireing or FICM as needed.
If I had been finding my fuel filters had been really dirty, signs of trash. I would pull all injectors, inspect and reseal all injectors at the least. This would also include flushing the fuel rails in the heads and sucking the fuel out of the cylinders with a small shop vac before installing the injectors.

A rule of thumb by many is change em all just in case. But thats kind of exspensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
At 160k miles I started having the #2 and #8 injector codes come up so I just replaced all of them. It was a tough pill to swallow up front but cheaper than replacing them one by one. I do some of the work on my truck but I let my mechanic install the injectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts