Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fellas on my 08 last winter I had to have a new rear glass put in it due to a 4 wheeler coming loose and goin threw it. and ever since then I have had water come into the cab. I took it back to the window place a couple weeks after it was done and they swore up and down it was the 3rd brake light.. so i replaced it with a recon unit and sealed it up with sealicone. well last weekend driving around in a serious down poor my buddys gf got soaked.. well I took it back in to the window place and they swear up and down its the brake light. they put some kind of "Special" sealant on it. and the guy that owns the shop has an 08 and says that his is leaking water through it to.. and he said hes seen several that have leaked come into his shop. all i know is it didnt leak until after i had the window replaced. so basically i was wondering if anybody else has run into this or do you think this window guy is blowing smoke up my butt...

Thanks,

Drew

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah tell me about it.. I have the 3rd brake light and the white leds on it it has the 2 sets of 3 on each side one of those works and it flickers.. I have the taillight and on the pass side one it has one led out in the center of it.. but on the positive my cablights are good and my mirror lights are 2 haha

·
Registered
725 Posts
I sent numerous emails to Recon about thier crap @ss light and all I got back was if you would like to purchse another light we can offer you a discount! LOL :doh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.