Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might be of interest here, a passion project of mine. As time permits I will slowly attempt to scan up and inventory as many parts as possible from these vehicles for a database of models for others to work from and modify, as well as a database of modified parts.

First test went off pretty good I think, did the trim above the windshield as I have had a persistent issue with mirrors falling off these trucks and would like to mount my rally mirror securely, so I figured I would try a simple bracket design to facilitate this. Haven't decided on the adjustable portions so just a test fit but should give you the idea. Hopefully this will eventually be of considerable use to many, hope y'all find it interesting!

IMG_1472.JPG IMG_1469.JPG IMG_1473.JPG IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1479.JPG IMG_1480.JPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shut up that’s awesome! I literally just joined this forum to tell you that is pimp!

What scanner are you using? I could stand to build some stuff for my Excursion, woody and my recent purchase of 10 ATC70’s. (I have a problem)

Again I’m excited to see what you accomplish, scanning the dash is blowing my mind right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
That's awesome, I could name a few things I wouldn't mind having reproduced for my Cobra that are hard to find lol.

Reactions: TurboDad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shut up that’s awesome! I literally just joined this forum to tell you that is pimp!

What scanner are you using? I could stand to build some stuff for my Excursion, woody and my recent purchase of 10 ATC70’s. (I have a problem)

Again I’m excited to see what you accomplish, scanning the dash is blowing my mind right now!
Hey thanks! High praise as a long-time general lurker myself, it takes a lot to get me to register for a forum ^_^

I'm running an Einscan 2X pro plus with all the bells and whistles. It's pretty powerful but I've also learned many limitations, gonna need a new workstation to deal with the volume of data for sure. Hoping to one day get one of the fancier metrology laser scanners now that I'm familiar with the limitations of the structured light method, but they're a rather big investment.

Setting up on a bit over an acre with a big shop and a lot of room for vehicles, so I'll probably try and eventually explore some kind of patreon type arrangement to fund purchasing common vehicles as scrap and prioritize particular parts.

That's awesome, I could name a few things I wouldn't mind having reproduced for my Cobra that are hard to find lol.

Yeah it's kind of a hassle having nice things that aren't manufactured anymore. Time to move past that and make a renaissance of older vehicles :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Any particular series? I could sure use some OBS stuff that's just not available any more. By the way. This is just way cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts