Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will get it cleaned up today and post some more pics.

20x12 Rockstars
38x15.50 Kumhos
9-10" lift

·
Registered
792 Posts
That looks so awesome!! They stick out so far from the sides of the truck.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...LMK see what I can do....I am waiting on my tunes form Spartan so I cant drive it right now, but I can take a pic where it sits.

·
Registered
342 Posts
pahrump...looks like room for more tire huh?

39.5 IROKs fit?????

That is where i want to be 9-10 inches with 39.5 in IROKS on 20s...

TRUCK LOOKS AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My tires are turned a bit, sorry, I did not have my keys in my hand to ctart the truck and turn the wheel.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pahrump...looks like room for more tire huh?

39.5 IROKs fit?????

That is where i want to be 9-10 inches with 39.5 in IROKS on 20s...

TRUCK LOOKS AWESOME!!!
Thanks....yeah I think 40's would fit probably...

I really like the Kumhos...they drive well, are quiet, and wear well....BUT all they make is a 38" so thats what I have...I tell you they sure as heck are not cheap!!! Over $400 a tire!

·
Registered
342 Posts
looks sweet with that much tire out there...too bad ull never be able to keep it clean...one puddle and the whole truck will be coated....

no tire rub with that much backspace right? What exactly do you have for lift now? 8 inch kit with a front spacer? How is working out?

Good luck with it....looks damn fine!!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah no crap....any water on the road and it will be DIRTY!!!

But oh well, I think it looks good.

No...not a lick of tire rub, and I dont have anything cut, not the airdam, not the fender liner..nothing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey your truck look's great, what did you end up doing for the extra lift in the rear?
I took your advice and bought the 2.5" level kit to put on top of my 6" procomp but I was waiting on your advice for the rear end?
How do the Kumho's compare to Toyo's? I have the 37" toyo's and I really like them.
Look's awesome!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the rear...for now, I have the add a leafs from the procomp kit, and a 7" solid billet block no factory block.

I am probably going to end up going with the 9" OUO traction blocks, and taking the AAL's out....this should net the same amount of lift.....either that or stay with what I have and adding RIZE traction bars.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Look's good the way it sit's!!!! What about the Kumho's are they as smooth as the Toyo's and as quiet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
pahrump im in the same boat , 1 water puddle and there goes the side of the truck , looks good man

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look's good the way it sit's!!!! What about the Kumho's are they as smooth as the Toyo's and as quiet.
I have never owned the Toyos....but I am in love with the Kumhos...quiet...smooth, and seem to be long lasting.

·
Registered
342 Posts
that traction block kit is the way i plan to go...not a huge fan of big blocks...but man i have seen them in action and they seem to hold up great.

have a connection for the kits if you need one...email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for taking more pics. From the look of it, the x12 makes the tire stick about half way out, compared to about 1/3 of the way out with the x10 wheel. I'm surprised you dont have any rubbing on the back of the front wheel wells / fender at full turn.

As for the traction blocks... they're fantastic. One thing to mention though. If you're at 9 or 10" up front now, you might want to consider the 10" traction block. I'm on an 8" rize up front with the 9" traction block and the truck sits pretty level. Not sure what stance you're going for, rear low/high or whatnot. Here are a few pics for reference. One shows the truck from the rear for the amount the tires stick out, one of the blocks themselves, and an overall for level.

Dave (the owner of OUO) is a fantastic person to deal with. You will NOT be disappointed. If you need to figure out which blocks you need for your lift, I can take some measurements if you want. Compare axle to frame up front to verify our lift differences, then chose the right block.

Sorry about the pic sizes;

·
Registered
342 Posts
man both those trucks are so sick...i just want to lift mine already...damnit...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man your truck is super nice.....I hope mine looks like yours does to other folks...lol....I always look at other peoples stuff and think it looks soo much better than mine.

Yeah if you can take a couple measurements for me so I can get the right blocks from OUO.....I thought the 9" was the biggest?

BTW on your centercaps, you know you can cut those plastic pegs down some and get shorter bolts...that way they sit flush....just an FYI incase you wanted them to mount up better.

Thanks for the pics!

Scott

·
Registered
792 Posts
Wow, y'all both have awesome trucks. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Man your truck is super nice.....I hope mine looks like yours does to other folks...lol....I always look at other peoples stuff and think it looks soo much better than mine.

Yeah if you can take a couple measurements for me so I can get the right blocks from OUO.....I thought the 9" was the biggest?

BTW on your centercaps, you know you can cut those plastic pegs down some and get shorter bolts...that way they sit flush....just an FYI incase you wanted them to mount up better.

Thanks for the pics!

Scott
I think our trucks are almost the same. It is easy to get used to seeing your own every day though and forget. Just pay more attention to other peoples faces in your side view mirrors as you drive by. :woot:

OUO has a 10" traction block in a 5 degree pinion angle change.

As for the center caps, they have been off for so long that I haven't bothered to "adjust" them. I don't really mind them being not-flush but agree it does look better.

I will try to get some measurements and pictures (so you know where I measured from) axle to frame, up front. That way you can measure in the same spot and see how much higher you are than mine... and know how much more rear lift you'll need.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts