Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 08 f250 with a 6" fab tech lift it has 37" nittos but they are shot I ordered a set of 38" toyos today putting them on tomorrow anyone running 38's with a 6" lift? I called fab tech today if they rub guess I will be buying the 8" coils and springs or blocks I'm definitely not cutting on my bumper any suggestions or anyone running this setup?

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you put longer coils or a spacer in the front and do NOT address your radius arms or links, and your trac bar/steering you could have caster problems and bump steer/death wobble issues. Sometimes getting a little more lift ends up costing alot and causing lots of problems. Is sticking with 37's out of the question? Can you change your order? Do you have a friend willing to buy your lift kit so you can buy an 8". Just a few suggestions........ hope it helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already paid for the tires I got them with the intention that I might have to get a bigger lift so I called fab tech to find out the difference between the 6&8" lift and it's just the spring or blocks I will definitely do it the right way I know all about the death wobble I just sold a jeep with 37" tires on it use to get it pretty bad if I have to get a new lift I'll probably just go with a 10" and sell my 6. " more than likely but I defintly won't half *** it my kid rides in it daily I know it'll clear them from looking at it but I don't know about hitting a bump or curb while turning in the front I see some people are running 38's on a 6" but the bumpers are trimmed

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Good luck !! im lifting and adding 38"s anyday ,only really doing it for my kids , okay maybe me to but what the heck!!, keep us posted

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here's the verdict I put the 38x13.50r20 toyo m/t on my 2008 f250 with the basic 6" fab tech lift and at full turn they have an inch of clearance from the front bumper even going up a curb at full turn they do not rub they are on a set of XD monsters 20x10 -24mm offset after two sets of the nitto trail grapplers I've had the only difference i see is the toyos have a little road noise and lost 2.4 mpg compared to the nittos

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I went with. I was thinking for a second it might be a reason to justify a 10" lift if they didn't fit haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts