Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
38r installed and everything seems alright but is that turbo ever loud. I read that it was loud but that definitly wasnt what i was expecting.

·
Registered
489 Posts
let us know how that turbo works for you.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
if it is too loud you can just donate it to me :poke do you like it otherwise?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is this the same turbo that came on the early batch of 6.0s that were recalled? A guy I know never took his back in because he liked the way it sounded. Damn thing sounds like a jet engine when he takes off.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try to record the sound later today, it is very loud even at low rpms

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is this the same turbo that came on the early batch of 6.0s that were recalled? A guy I know never took his back in because he liked the way it sounded. Damn thing sounds like a jet engine when he takes off.
negatory, not that turbo, this is a replacement for only the 7.3 IMO the whistle is great!

·
Registered
674 Posts
mine sounds great love it if its to loud your to old lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why donate it? I'd buy it and give you my stocker for free................LOL
Seriously!

·
Registered
489 Posts
If any of yall are [email protected] has a 38r he has on special right now. I contacted him about a tuner and he told me he had one turbo left for a special price of $1500. I would take it but i cant afford it right now. but if you know those turbos theyre normally in the $1700 range. He only has that one left....if he hasnt sold it yet.

·
Registered
674 Posts
yep he told me the same thing great guy to deal with

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am going to pull the intake off and see if there is any rubbing going on... if there is i would imagine it should be fairly evident...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts