Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any one out there able to run 38s on a 6 inch lift. Just want to know since I really want to not have the 8" but also dont want to cut out my fenders!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
That will not fit without cutting and you'll need back spacers not to rub on the leafs.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cutting what? I have spacers!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Inner fender wall.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup, when turning the tire will rub into the back of the inner fender wall... cutting it will buy you the space to run 38's on a 6"...

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will cut the inner fender. That doesent bother me. I have seen a few trucks out there doing it and was curiose. Thanks guys.:thumb:

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
It will also depend on the tire you choose,...If you want a real wide tire,...your screwed...lol

Like Raul said....I have 41" IROKS on a 4.5" lift...CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT!

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Tank your truck looks sick...

Ryan When you go to get rid of that 4in lift let me know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a 6.5 inch lift with 38s. Had to do a little trimming on the wheel wells, and they rub on my leaf springs. I think it looks badass though so I don't mind having to take a few more points on making u-turns haha

·
Registered
577 Posts
It can be done, I did mine w/15.50 wide 38's with just minor un noticable trimming of the inner front fender plastic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is my dads truck and hes only got 6inches on his well he did in this picture.....now he is runnin 3 inch hangers on the front..The tires are 38's rims 24's

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 6 inch lift with 38's needed spacers not to rub springs but fit in fender without cutting at all.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It will also depend on the tire you choose,...If you want a real wide tire,...your screwed...lol

Like Raul said....I have 41" IROKS on a 4.5" lift...CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT! CUT!
could you post some pics of how you cut the fenders? i got 6" w/ 37s now and wanting to go about 39.5", probly gonna have to trim a little bit more. thanks bud

·
Registered
545 Posts
It can be done, I did mine w/15.50 wide 38's with just minor un noticable trimming of the inner front fender plastic.
what width and offset rims did you do this with? I want to run 38x15.50 mud grapplers on a 16 rim. I have a 6 inch now but i thought i would have to go to 9.5 to run that wide. Do they rub the leafs any?

·
Registered
178 Posts
What size spacers with what backspacing are you guys running? I'm interested in running 37 or 38's with a little lift without rubbing as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am running 38x15.50 Toyo MT's right now on a little bit more of a 6" lift, I was told it was about 6 1/2" when I bought it. Dont know where that other 1/2"-1" came from but anyways I have 20x9" wheels with a -12 offset and I dont rub on the inner fenders or leafs. I only had to trim a small piece of the thin plastic on the front valance but you cant even really tell. Hope that helps somehow...

·
Registered
212 Posts
i had 38/14.5/16 on my 2000 f250 with a 6 in lift. tires only rubbed on the leaf springs when i turned sharp.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts