Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outlaw pictures by Bigshowdawg - Photobucket

Heres the link I haven't figured out how to post smaller yet without having little thumbnails. Details are Icon 2.5 Lift springs and cams with 4 inches of block under the rear. An as you can see 08 mirrors and tails. I have a couple of question for anyone that might know.I installed the recon cab light and 3 are light yellow than the other two why is that. Also DC if you (thanks doubledrop) but I have a small wobble even with just 25k miles on the truck even stock. I put the cams in with the kit and bought the dual stabs for other reason but hopping it will hide the wobble. What should I do to help it if my castor is correct? I thought about a track bar from ya'll but heard it wouldn't help. What do you think I oughta do? Thanks hope this help people scared of the 37s mine only rub on the radius arms but they are half wore I saw them for 75 bucks so I bought them to test fit with.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looks great!! Do u have power fold in on those 08 mirrors? Also were they hard to install?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to hard wire them in havent got any switch to do the fold and telescope. I got one mirror brand new from ford for 100 bucks that someone didn't pickup and the other off ebay for 235 and got it and the up down dont work so I got refunded 50 bucks so 285 for powerfold and tele aint bad I never use the up and down once I get them set. Got the tails free where we work we got and 08 bed for display and I just switched them out. I think I'm going to put the other functions on oem window switches or find an 08 mirror switch set.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
So you have the Icon cams properly installed and a dual stabilizer (??) and you get wobble? Is the stock stabilizer removed?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rize kit came in at home where I will be this weekend(3 hrs away) so they aren't on yet but I did install the cams correctly with the arrows pointed towards the front and the side all the way aginst the knuckle. Stock stab is still on til I get the rize on. I just don't want to cover up a problem ya know I need a pan rod but was going to wait I though about going to 38s with 4.5 when I need tires. It isn't terrible but is very noticable to me.

Also as stated above they only rub on the radius arms but my tires are 40% tread.

·
Registered
464 Posts
But the mirrors where just a direct bolt up?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the cams still don't hit sheet metal. i'm not sure why it's that hard to believe but they don't hardly rub at all not even on the inner fender. I will be glad to take some people for a ride and prove we could blow some smoke with the switch while were at it lol. Yeah the mirrors pretty much are a direct bolt up there is one tab that sticks out why its there I don't know but you have to grind it off. Its about 1/2 inch tall and half inch around no big deal. After that you bolt them up but the connectors are different so you have the hard wire them or wire the to a connector that will match up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Where's the cheapest place to buy the power mirror

·
Registered
3,540 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys!! There is no cheap place I found one on craigslist the other on ebay you just have to dig I mean dig hard for a decent price.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone know whether a pan rod would help the wobble?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Damn thats a sharp ride.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks when I get some tires and get my buddy to wax and buff it at his dealership it will be about there. I have a few door dings from before I bought it the dent doc come to the car lot to so I'm going to get it all clean and straight when I get tires then take some pics back home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts