Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear from anyone running this setup. Like the look of the 37" but figured 35" is what I would put on due to the gears however with the power this thing has I am thinking about 37's again. Will 37's be too much for 3:31 gears?

Sent from my ADR6400

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
3,006 Posts
Was running 37's with 3.73 gears on my last truck without much of an issue. Towing was questionable on a steep grade.

Are you sure you have 3.31 ?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
With the lower gear in the 6R140, 3.31s put down more low end than 3.73s and the older 5R110 trans. So as far as the question of it being too much for 3.31s (at least with that transmission) I don't see an issue. Just realize there is curtain compromises on the highway while in overdrive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was running 37's with 3.73 gears on my last truck without much of an issue. Towing was questionable on a steep grade.

Are you sure you have 3.31 ?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...
Yes, specifically looked for them when I bought the truck. At the time was going with 35's and figured that would put my RPM's in the perfect range for the speed I drive and still keep good fuel mileage.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
13,237 Posts
Do you have the 20" wheel option? if so the stock tires are dang near 35" tall anyway so putting 37's shouldn't make a huge difference.

·
Registered
56 Posts
im running 35x12.50r20 on mine with 3.31 and it runs fine. i would have rather had 3.55 so i could have ran 37" tires, i may still do this when my procomps wear out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts