Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if this really works? I have heard of people running 37x13.5s with only a 4" lift, and it looks really cool.....Anyone on here done this? I was thinking of maybe getting a pro comp 4" lift, or a tough country 5" lift just to be on the safe side... Im currently running 33x12.5 maxxis buckshots on leveling kit, and have run 35x12.5 buckshots with the leveling kit without any problems... My wheels have a -8 offset, will the 37s rub real bad?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Do make them fit I think you have to cut your fenders. Talk to Tank he is a member on the forum he will be able to help you. heres a bump

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
CSIPSD also has a 4" lift with 37's.... It is all about the offset in the rims!

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
My truck is an 05....so I have coil springs up front,...so we are similiar.

No lift(stock)...cut-outs and 36"IROKS

DR 4.5" lift...cut-outs...and 39.5" IROKS

DR 4.5" lift...cut-outs....and 41" IROKS

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tank, your truck looks great!
I was thinking maybe a 4" lift with 35x12.5s at first, but I am very worried about them looking too small ( I was very dissapointed after buying a leveling kit to clear 33x12.5s just to find that they looked tinier than the stockers). On the other hand Im not a fan of the tires rubbing all the time, and do go wheelin at least once a week.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other question.....I have a 16x8 wheel right now. If a I put a 35x12.5 tire on it, will the tire be bigger than if i were to mount it on a 16x10 rim? or smaller? or the same?

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
I am running 37's with 6" lift. I have slight rubbing with BFG KO series at full turns only. These KO's have a wide foot print btw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tires

05 f350 with 35 x 13.5 r18 xterrains, stock wheels no lift .. tire only touches the radious arm when backing up with the wheels cranked and hitting bumps...

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
You can fit 37's on a leveled 05+ with stock wheels. If you go with stock wheels you should be able to fit 37's on a 4" lift. Hell if I had a 99-04 truck I would find a way to fit 37's with just a leveling kit. Once again its all about the wheel offset. I'm still kicking myself in the azz for getting aftermarket wheels. I can only fit 35's because of them.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
you can fit 37" tires with a 4" lift 16x10 would make it smaller

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have an 02 with a procomp 4" lift and my tires are 315/75 16 and they rub just a little at half and at full turn.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Off topic but I thought 02's and up have clear turns signals?
As far as I know mine are stock and a friend of mines 02 has ambers to.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Tank can you fit 37s with a leveling kit and the flares?
With flares,...yes...but even then it all depends on which wheel and tire combo you choose.

On 05+ you can fit 37's on stock wheels with a leveling kit and no cut outs.
I would love to see a pic of that ,..If you have one.

Because I don't think it's possible....not if the tires actual measurement is 37".....If it is a show truck, that never actually gets used,...maybe....because I'm damn positive it can't go off-road.

My truck....36" with no lift...pic taken right before I started cutting the fenders for the Bushwackers.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Tank,
In that second pic, is that green primer on your foul weather jacket? Man, I wish I still had mine; not that it ever gets real cold around here, I just really liked my FW jacket.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
With flares,...yes...but even then it all depends on which wheel and tire combo you choose.

I would love to see a pic of that ,..If you have one.

Because I don't think it's possible....not if the tires actual measurement is 37".....If it is a show truck, that never actually gets used,...maybe....because I'm damn positive it can't go off-road.
My sisters truck was leveled with 37's long story short it has a 6" lift now. Not because of clearance but do to death shakes. I've been searching the org for 2 hours now trying to find a 2005 or 2006 F250 that has 37's with a level suspension.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts