Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Powerstroke Diesel 6.0l Fuel Pressure Regulator | eBay

Doesn't come with the FPR cover, but has everything needed. I got mine 2 days after payment. Seems like a reasonable alternative to paying 50 something from ford.

International part number 1854267c94

They have some other interesting common repair parts as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I paid $26 this week from my local International dealer. $36 is a good price for those without a dealer near by.

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I also just bought one for 25.52 at my local international dealer. I check price check them for all my dealer parts now.
Smart man.

I've found that there are a lot of parts significantly cheaper at Ford and a lot of parts significantly cheaper at International, you just have to do your homework and have an International dealer willing to sell you the parts OR have the international part number in hand.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would cost me well over 15 bucks to drive to my "local" international dealer-lol-Unless I was in the area anyway, ebay was the way to go. Figured I'd throw it up for anyone who didn't have a local dealer as an option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update:
Installed my Kit today. install was OK
no real issues, putting the intake hose back on was a ($%^&*) other than that. all went well.

just took her for a drive, no leaks, I'm happy.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
newb here so please spare me. whats the benefit of this seemingly cheap mod

·
Registered
279 Posts
newb here so please spare me. whats the benefit of this seemingly cheap mod
Increases your fuel pressure. Fuel pressure is good for injector life.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Just got mine on Ebay for $38 shipped. I can't monitor fuel pressure right now but I figure it's cheap insurance.

Dik

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thinks I better go to my local Intl' dealer to pick that up instead of the Ford stealership!

Almost completley off topic, would Intl' dealers have rotors or brake pads for the superdutys or do they just deal with the engine parts?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Should be just engine parts since International built them.

Dik

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just ordered one through my local International Dealer for $22.64.

Does International have oil coolers at a better price??? If so what is the part number??

Steve

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Mike, next time you need International parts, let me know. A buddy of mine from out of state that I've known for years from racing four wheelers owns his own big rig repair shop. I get all of my fuel filters in bulk from him too.

Just FYI, I price the full kit out from Ford, it's over $70 if you have to buy normal price. I have a buddy who worked at a Ford shop too, his cost of the part was about $53 IIRC.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I could use a set of fuel filters-I sent you an email!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yeah I've got a few sets sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
124 Posts
what kind of fuel pressure numbers are you talkimg about

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
After installing the upgraded fuel pressure regulator spring, you should see about 70-72psi at idle. That pressure may 'settle' a little over the following few weeks. Replacing this spring definitely should be on your short list to do....but replacing it is NOT a replacement for a fuel pressure gauge. You still need a gauge for when the HFCM starts taking a dump on you. The whole gauge set-up is less than the cost of 1 injector and could save you from harming all of them. (below 45psi under any condition can/will harm the injectors)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts