Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
there will be a little of rubbing. i am running 35x 12.50's on my 250 without any lift and i had to pull the inner fender in with some wire but other than that there isn't any rubbing unless you compress the suspension a good bit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What he said... I have an '08 on factory 20's with toyo 35/12.50 M/T's. They actually run wide (13") and all I had to do was pull back the driver's side fender well at the bottom corner, as that's the only place it would rub on mine. You could cut or trim it as well, but I'm not too keen on cutting parts off of my truck. Anyhow, I've done much more suspension compression than necessary and haven't run into any issues as of yet. Good luck though, definitely a worthwhile mod. Gives the truck a badass stance without looking overdone imo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
judging by your pic you have 18" rims. well the toyo mt that is 285/75R18 is actually 34.8"x12.3" i ran them on my truck stock before the lift kit. little fender trimming but they rubbed a little bit when turned all way to lock.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I run 35x13.5 Dick Cepek's - no rubbing.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I wonder why you guys dont have much rub if any at all. I have a 2.5 leveling kit that really lifted it about 3 inches and my 35s hit the spings. Im guessing its cause of the stock rims and I need an offset rim

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
My bad just realized this was a 6.4 section. whoops

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've got an '08 with stock 18" wheels, and installed the Toyo MT 35X12.5 on them...

I did use zip ties to pull back the inner fender, but It's debatable whether that was even necessary. When the truck is level there would be no rubbing without the fenders pulled back. Better safe than sorry in my opinion though.

Bottom line you won't have any problems with this setup, and you'll love the tires. They perform great, and look great as well! I guess i'm biased though ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
i ran those 35x12.5 on my stock 20s and had no rubbing! installed p.o.s. readylift, now i catch on my dside radius arm. sweeet...

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had 35's on some KMC XD Hoss' that were 20x9's with a 180mm negative offset. I put them on because I was too impatient to wait oon my lift and they rubbed at full turn on the inner fender well. I trimmed it with a sawzall in a matter of seconds with the wheels on and no more rubbing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't mean to jack your thread, but I was also interested in this. I want to mount 35x12.5 toyo mt's on stock 20's with no lift. Can anyone post some pics of this setup? thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts

stock ht. tires about 50% tread
35x12.5x20 toyo mt
not a very good pic. ill keep looking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts