Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of new to me tires this weekend. The old Michelins were borderline dangerous to drive with and I can justify dropping the money on a brand new set right now. They are 315/75/16 Mastercraft Coursers on the stock 8 hole 16s. The tires have about half tread left. I don't think I did too bad for only $300.

The truck has a 2" coil spring spacer leveling kit. It only rubs on the radius arms at full lock. I can deal with that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good looking truck. Not sure what size tire you had before but the mileage will suffer with the 35" tires, especially if you pull a trailer of some sort.
I have 2003 7.3, 4x4, crew, and running 35" now. I seem to be getting any where from 14.5 to 16.5 depending on the day. A whole lot less when I pull my boat , although I don't have any figures on that because I dont pull it very far.
enjoy your truck..........

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have those same tires on my dodge. They are great. I plan on gettin a set on my SD soon. And remember since your speedo will be off because of the tire size difference so will and mpg figures you come up with at the pump...unless you have the speedo calibrated for the big tires. Either way...I'd keep 'em! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts