Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys getting a set of tires very soon. I was wondering what width should I get? I'm also looking at getting aftermarket wheels 9'' wide but the offset and stuff will be right like the factory wheels. So would get the 35 12.5 or 35 13.5 ? Also this is stock height F250 but will probably putting on a 2''-4.5'' lift within the next year...

So the offset is in the right position for no tire rub.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
You will probably rub if you have them in the stock location. Usually they will have a negative offset 18-25 to help position the tire to prevent rubbing.

That said, 35x12.5's are pretty damn wide. You can see what they look like on my rig,

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
35x12.50 20's will rub on a stock F250 on factory wheels....if you level it they will be fine...no rub.....need to level 2.5 in front and use a 4" f350 blocks in the back

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to confuse anyone I meant the right offset so you don't get tire rub....

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sorry to confuse anyone I meant the right offset so you don't get tire rub....
you will still need to level if you dont want to rub:thumb::icon_ford:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Test fit 37's on my 250 with no leveling kit. I have the camper package so it sit's only about 1/2" low in front. Will need at least 1" more in front to keep contact from the top of the wheelwell, in addition there is another thread on here where somebody used a piece of all thread attached to his steps to pull the inner fender back to stop it rubbing. Lastly it will barely touch the radius arms with stock rims. I am debating whether it is worth it now, but they will fit and are driveable. Just have to deal with a little rubbing on the radius arms.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I run 33's on mine with 10" wide wheels. They rubbed the back felt liner until I cut a couple inches off it. No rub now. They stick out pretty far but look bad arse.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
12.5 is plenty. I would put a leveling kit on it before you put 35's on though. yes it will be streetable with 35x12.5's and no leveling kit, but pulling into some parking lots and driveways you may rub harder than you would like to.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i have a leveled 350 with stock 20's and almost ready to pull the trigger on 37-12.50-20. fittment issues?
i hear tell, that a leveled f350 can go up to 20x9 rims running up to 37's without rubbing.....i have 35's with no issue....would like to see what 37's look like

1 - 10 of 10 Posts