Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've looked through a few threads, havent come up with too many competitors in the oversize market.
4wparts, discount tire, tire rack, tires easy, those are the 4 that seem to have the more common and practical for what i need. although i havent seen any listing maxxis.:dunno:

the truck - 97 F150 with racebuilt 4r70 and eaton blower (lightning 5.4, around 500fwhp with my heads and cams) ex cab. weighs around 6k, going to be running 03-04 f350 axles front and rear in the next year or so. not much for offroading, tends to break parts i dont fancy fixing, but i absolutely want to be able to get through the thick if i need to. I use to live in idaho, got 14" of powder over night, i barely got anywhere in 4x4 with my nitto terras, i dont want to be any worse off than that. now im in an area thats less snow, but around me can still get heavy, and theres lots of sand, some mud, not much for clay in the inland nw.

i have access to my dads take offs, they were worn out 35x12.5x16.5 BFG AT-KO's. i personally didnt like that tire on the road, never seen it offroad with a heavy truck. i can replace those with the same size for 192 each (s&h totals around 900). im only leery of them because they are notorious for skidding under heavy braking with the ranger base vehicles (explorer was the worst!). but i still want to get decent wear from them.

must be able to payload a 2500# camper, and whatever i can tug behind me which may weigh up to 7k.

is the BFG AT still probably the best all around tire for what im looking for? the trucks not a DD.

any input from any direction appreciated, thank you.

·
No Longer a Supporting Vendor
1,411 Posts
I'd say Nitto Mud Grapplers as long as you have them siped. They'll give you the look and offroad performance you are after. Siping them will help you for winter traction. Let us know if we can help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought i spied nitto's sporting a new tread pattern comparable to the traditional mud terrain almost every other company has? will they be offered in 35 x 12.5 (width may be wider) R16.5's? the mud grapplers were a considerable price hike last i peeked.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
i thought i spied nitto's sporting a new tread pattern comparable to the traditional mud terrain almost every other company has? will they be offered in 35 x 12.5 (width may be wider) R16.5's? the mud grapplers were a considerable price hike last i peeked.
yea nitto trail grappler M/Ts
Get those they are sick!

·
Registered
254 Posts
What is the size of wheel, 16.5?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
well i could get his 17's, they have 37 BFG KM2's on them now. but i really dont like the look of the black large 5 star wheels.

the photoshopped image

the actual wheel

the wheel i would love

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.