Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock trans just bit the dust at 171,000. the case is cracked beyond welding repair, so for a new case, and basically all new HD guts and TC the shop quoted 3400 for everything, ive seen HD trans go for much more but still seemed steep for a rebuild... any suggestions or comments?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
where are you getting it done at also what exactly is hd bought it cause all the clutches and all that normally aint hd just the tc

·
Registered
455 Posts
Jeebus. I think For a little bit more you can get a full on BTS tranny.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
thats whats i was thinking is that quote installed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ATLAS Transmission is the company building it but the actual builder is a fellow Powerstroke enthusiast, and the price is including thats removal rebuild and install, and a new case also... i dont know much about trans components, but from what ive gathered, its HD clutches (or springs?), sprags, input/output shafts, TC, and tugger kit. ill find out exact parts tomorrow and let yall know

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Stock valve body?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He did say something about upgrading the valve body, i dont remember exactly which one he said, ill get a complete parts list today and post it on here.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Jw valve body all the way

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
i know its hard to bite the 4500 dollar bts bullet but its the best mod you'll ever do if you have an auto. brian is the man

·
Registered
465 Posts
I cant imagine what they want for the case! Might be cheaper to find an unknown unit at a junkyard and have that rebuilt.

My last rebuild with upgraded valve body cost me $2200 installed. Add on a little for the scrap yard transmission and youre still under $2500 with a warranty. $3500 will get you close to the Ford HD install which is substantially better and $4500 plus labor gets you to the best.

Whats your budget?

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
oh i forgot your housing is busted so you don't get any core refund, so 5500 for you to get a bts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts