Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the minimum lift required to fit 315/75/16 on a 2000 4x4 SD. also what does that tire measure in inches? thanks in advanced

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have same truck as you. All i have is a leveling kit. I think the tire is line 34.6x12. I dont rub at all

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
It all depends on what wheel you are using. 8 and below will work with a leveling kit, but my 16x10s required AT LEAST 5" of lift. Just a personal thing, I don't like running a 12" tire on an 8" wheel regardless of how tall it is.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Buddy of mine has an 03 with no leveling kit or trimming. Stock wheels, minor rubbing on inner fender and leafs

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It all depends on what wheel you are using. 8 and below will work with a leveling kit, but my 16x10s required AT LEAST 5" of lift. Just a personal thing, I don't like running a 12" tire on an 8" wheel regardless of how tall it is.
16x10's require 5 inches of lift? :(

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
16x10's require 5 inches of lift? :(
If you're going to be a concrete four wheeler, maybe not, but if you intend to go off road like I do, yup. Even with 5" I have stuffed my tires into the trailing edge of my fenders. In fact, I've stuffed them going into a parking lot if the wheel is turned right.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Buddy of mine has an 03 with no leveling kit or trimming. Stock wheels, minor rubbing on inner fender and leafs
Again, a skinny wheel works for fitment but not so great for even tread wear. Even with my 10s I only run 45 psi to get even tread wear. By even tread wear, I mean using a coin as a depth gauge and checking across the tire.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well maybe ill go with a smaller tire, but i def want the 16x10s...gonna put a leveling kit on it. tire size suggestions..?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I ran 305s on a leveled 00 on 16x10s and they looked good. you run 315s on a leveled truck and I dont care what you run for wheels it looks crammed.

Jim

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Again, a skinny wheel works for fitment but not so great for even tread wear. Even with my 10s I only run 45 psi to get even tread wear. By even tread wear, I mean using a coin as a depth gauge and checking across the tire.

I know that, that why I made sure to mention that he was using the stock rim :thumb:

Personally, i don't think its a great look

I also dont like tire sticking waaaay out the side unless its covered by flares.
To each their own though :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts