Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i ran the 210 foreverrr and now i have the 275 v4 now don get me wrong it does shift rough haah and it is fasttt but i want faster i just dont have the money to pay 799 for the tcm and 310 tune anyone run the 310 without the tcm and what will happen?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cant answer your ?, but i have one for you. I have been thinking about getting the spartan? how do u like it and what would you do if u could do it again?

·
Registered
641 Posts
What job# truck do you have? I have been running it on my job 3 without the spartan tcm and it is perfectly fine, and without the tcm on a job 1 it will just shorten your transmission lifespan more than likely.

·
Registered
163 Posts
yes go spartan and never look back! you will love your new truck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
what tune is the best for milage and towing? i have heard good things about the 210, 275, and 310. where is the best place to get it from?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a job 1-2 truck im pretty sure its job 1 and yeaa i figured it would shorten my life span ... UGHHH haha i dont have the cash for the tcm

·
Registered
722 Posts
210 is the best for towing or mabey the 175.

·
Registered
641 Posts
what tune is the best for milage and towing? i have heard good things about the 210, 275, and 310. where is the best place to get it from?
Anything heavy I would use the 210 just because it's nice with all of the safety built in. I wouldn't tow anything with the 310 myself, but I know some people do pull some light stuff with it. If you never tow anything super heavy the 275 is a great all around tune because you won't have to reload every time you hook up to a trailer, I never unloaded my 275 before I got the 310, and towed about 10k with it as well. For unloaded highway mileage my 275 and 310 get about the same.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
How do i find out what job# my truck is?
Can i order the 210, 275, and 310 for my 3 tunes that it comes with?
No, You can however get the 275 and 310 tunes together for $400. The 210 tune can be one of your 3 tunes. Anything 210 and under can be one of your 3 tunes :thumb:

What is the build date of your truck?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
05/07 is my built date.
That would be a Job 1 I believe, so I would not reccommend the 310 tune. I tested it on my truck from May until the end of August with the Job 1 TCM, and it is a no go man. I personally do not think that a stock 5R110w with a Job 1 TCM can handle the 310 tune for too long with daily driving. If you load it up for the dyno or the race track only, then go for it. The 275 is about the limit on a daily driving truck with a Job 1 TCM.

·
Registered
105 Posts
does the tcm change when a new motor is dropped in? my first motor blew itself up with only 20,000 miles on it. the dealer dropped in a new creat motor right of the assembaly line!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I have no idea man....they could have and they may not have

·
Registered
61 Posts
track use only

how would it work if i use it at track only

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I ordered my Spartan 310 tune today. Can't wait! $100 is a great deal. I did not order the TCM because I just can't spend that money right now. Just for everyones info, you probably already know this. However, you need to call up to get the tune. It is available, they just haven't put it on their site yet. I called up and spoke with Angela I think it was.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts