Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night me and my cousin are on our way home. We were cruisin down the highway in Stage 2 going about 65 when a 3000GT gets on, hes in the merging lane and shoots over 2 lanes right in front of me. So i flip over to stage 3 get in the last lane and :burnout blow some coal in his face. After getting about 3 car lengths on him i pull into the next lane in front of him and slow down. He switches lanes and gets right up next to me, I have my window down and so does he, i look over as he stays next to me for about 1/8th but wont turn to look at me. As soon as i heard his fart cans start to scream i nailed it. almost immediatly i pulled away and got ahead about 3 lengths and let off, i slowed down n waited to see if he was gonna do a flyby or something but after getting to my rear quarter panel he slows down and gets behind me for about a 1 mile, and then i thought " Crap, please dont let it be an offduty or undercover cop". but he took the next exit.

IDK if he just didnt know how to drive or what, but i was under the impression that the 3000 GT had more in it.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Well last night me and my cousin are on our way home. We were cruisin down the highway in Stage 2 going about 65 when a 3000GT gets on, hes in the merging lane and shoots over 2 lanes right in front of me. So i flip over to stage 3 get in the last lane and :burnout blow some coal in his face. After getting about 3 car lengths on him i pull into the next lane in front of him and slow down. He switches lanes and gets right up next to me, I have my window down and so does he, i look over as he stays next to me for about 1/8th but wont turn to look at me. As soon as i heard his fart cans start to scream i nailed it. almost immediatly i pulled away and got ahead about 3 lengths and let off, i slowed down n waited to see if he was gonna do a flyby or something but after getting to my rear quarter panel he slows down and gets behind me for about a 1 mile, and then i thought " Crap, please dont let it be an offduty or undercover cop". but he took the next exit.

IDK if he just didnt know how to drive or what, but i was under the impression that the 3000 GT had more in it.
So did I......but i guess not....nice kill :icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
If it was just the 3000 GT they are quite pathetic. V6 front wheel drive. If it was a GT VR4 then it would be a different story. same V6, but twin turbo and AWD. Still a good kill as it was a ricer, and as we all know they suck.

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
I used to own one, well 2 actually, my wife drove an 3000SL, 5 speed, complete turd. Mine was a VR4, twin turbo all wheel drive, before it lost a rod bearing I managed an 11.9x out of it, but could never back it up. It would go 12.1x all day long with a little N2o and 12.4x off the bottle. That was stock turbos, stock fuel, and stock internals. Most everything else was the usual bolt ons. I liked the car a lot, but it was SOFT, it broke, ALOT and it was not cheap to fix, esp. the tranny, to this day I cringe when I hear Getrag:tard:

I never ran the wifes car, but from what I gathered from other SL owners, they were 16.00 plus cars, at best. All 220 flywheel HP of them....:hehe:

Me in the far lane at HRP

Don't laugh, it was a LONG time ago, and bras were still cool, well sorta....:(

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yeah, the base model 3000gt is big Turd.

The VR4 however, is quite nice, as far as quickness goes:thumb:

·
Registered
318 Posts
yea, I kind of like the VR4's but I heard with the AWD it makes it pretty heavy and it loses its handling edge...

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
yea, I kind of like the VR4's but I heard with the AWD it makes it pretty heavy and it loses its handling edge...
heavy YES, but the earier ones like mine had 4 wheel steering as well, and the dreaded active aero spoiler that raised up after about 40MPH, mine did really well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it was prolly just a regular GT, perhaps with the usual ricer mods. My buddy had one a loooooong time ago and thats why i remember them being quick, he prolly had the vr4, i didnt know much bout cars back then but i did witness him dust a Z28 once.

·
Registered
481 Posts
nice kill. He should have known better before lining up his ricer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts