Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help. I bought the mrbp 3" downpipe. I have 94 7.3. I got everything loose but confused.

I have down pipe and mid pipe. Instructions say remove the catalytic converter but I cannot see these two pipes Being long enough to replace all the way back to meet with the exhaust past cat.

Why do instructions say take the cat out? I have all the parts the listed. In the instructions.

There's two pipes. One from the turbo and then one that fits into that pipe. Does thus go onto the front of the cat?

I have the cat loose at the bolted gasket at the front. It doesn't seen like it will slide out from the muffler end.

I bought a 3" straight pipe from an exhaust shop and it's long enough to replace cat. Should I cut cat out and install this straight pipe with mrbp Turbo down and mid pipe.

Please help need truck by Friday and I'm really screwed right now. Panicking. Thanks.

Not sure if this is correct forum.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Pictures might help us determine what your problem is a little better

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Cut the cat out and have the ends of the strait pipe you have flared open. One end will go over the bottom piece of the dp and the other end will go inside the existing exhaust which should be 3.5 inches. That is how I did mine temporarily till I did the 4 inch exhaust

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the as wet I was looking for!!! Did it line up alright with the straight pipe and no mandrel bends to it. Doing it tonight I'll let you know.

1. Flare it with 4.5inch angle grinder? Three slices sound enough?

2. Is it at all possible to wiggle that cat out (where it goes into exhaust in back? Or does it have to be cut?)

Thanks for makin my day.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I just had the exhaust shop flare it for me. And I cut my cat out but mine was pretty rusty

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sounds like you only have the 2 piece down pipe and no mid pipes. But pictures of all the piping you have would help alot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts