Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking get my 2010 away from stock height, but not to high. Thought about just doing a level kit, but the price on the 3in rough country lift is hard to argue with. What do you guys think. And what size tires would you recommend? I am currently at stock height with 295/70r18 Trail grapplers.

· Registered
315 Posts
Im also very interested in that lift. I think 3 in with 35's would look good and still not be too high to pull my goosneck. But Im not real sure.

· Registered
91 Posts
That's what I have

3" rough country, 35" dunlops. I changed the shocks to bilsteins. The rough country shocks suck.

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks great, i may go a little bigger blocks in the rear to give it a past level look

· Registered
91 Posts
Thanks, I almost lifted it higher, but I tow trailers a lot

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CajunMan what offset and width wheels do u have? Want to know what offset i can run without issues.

· Registered
91 Posts
They are 18x9 with -12 offset. I had stock 18" rims with no issues either.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man. Im going to have to break down and get this done real soon

· Registered
91 Posts
No prob. Just keep rolling coal!

Reactions: CUZICAN

· Registered
91 Posts
Drop brackets, u bolts, shocks, spacers, the usual. The kit cost me 300 on eBay. But like I said before, you need to change out the shocks. The rough country ones suck. I went with bilstein 5100 series. Best bang for your buck.

· Registered
2,109 Posts
I had the 3" on my truck for 1 day and then I took it off and replaced it with the 4.5". The truck has stock 20s and 325/60/20 tires.

Here's the 3".

Here's the 4.5".

I tow tandem duals and don't have any problems.

· Registered
91 Posts
4.5 looks good. I might do that too haha

· Registered
2,109 Posts
The 4.5" is perfect, IMO. It's big enough to look lifted but it's low enough to still be used as a truck. Here's a pic of a 20+5 and it's fairly level.

Another 20+5 towing a truck some of y'all might recognize.

(I rotated the pic in Photobucket but it's not showing up like that for some reason)

The trailer sits more level when I have my 27+5 or my 30+5.

· Registered
99 Posts
I know the 3" is about $300 according to CajunMan, what does the 4.5" kit run you? I'm debating between the two, and I was settled on the 3" but damn that 4.5" looks great.

· Registered
259 Posts
I just picked up my 4.5" rough country from extreme customz for $650 shipped. Every one on eBay wants 650 plus 65 for shipping. Should have it installed this weekend if my buddies lift is free.

· Registered
91 Posts
That looks awesome. Now I know what my truck would look like with 4.5 lift. We have pretty much the same truck.

· Registered
259 Posts
Anyone know if the 05-07 rough country lift is the same setup as the 08-10. I just got my lift and all of the boxes say 05-07?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.