Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girlfriend and I got bored Friday night so we decided to go cruise and race around a bit. So me the girlfriend and the dog pull into 7-11 and there are 2 second generation cummins with stacks sittin there. So I made some noise as I left tryin to get them to follow, but nothing. Later on as I was coming back into town I see both trucks going the other way with a first gen cummins with stacks. They all turned around and were ridding behind me (traffic in downtown) finally the first gen gets next to me at a light and makes a big puff so I start building some boost not in 4wd, then he acts like he didn't want to race so the light turned and I just took off with the exhaust right in his window. Then I get a light with both the second gen's and they wouldn't race either. What the hell. So I'm just gonna say they were scared and count it as a kill.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe they just wanted to save the fuel since it is over $4 a gallon and not waste it on a powerstroke...:hehe:...just a thought

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Maybe they just wanted to save the fuel since it is over $4 a gallon and not waste it on a powerstroke...:hehe:...just a thought
Yeah, remember they're cheap - they drive DODGES :thud:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yeah, remember they're cheap - they drive DODGES :thud:
Either that or they were having tranny issues....imagine that. A Dodge with a tranny issue....

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
A Cummins driver afraid of a PSD? Is that a joke?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts

·
powerstrokin
2,857 Posts
The girlfriend and I got bored Friday night so we decided to go cruise and race around a bit. So me the girlfriend and the dog pull into 7-11 and there are 2 second generation cummins with stacks sittin there. So I made some noise as I left tryin to get them to follow, but nothing. Later on as I was coming back into town I see both trucks going the other way with a first gen cummins with stacks. They all turned around and were ridding behind me (traffic in downtown) finally the first gen gets next to me at a light and makes a big puff so I start building some boost not in 4wd, then he acts like he didn't want to race so the light turned and I just took off with the exhaust right in his window. Then I get a light with both the second gen's and they wouldn't race either. What the hell. So I'm just gonna say they were scared and count it as a kill.
haha nice they must have been scared. we will have to go roll around in our trucks sometime in the next week or two before I go back to Maryland for the summer.

·
Registered
771 Posts
noone is puttin a Powerstroke in a POS dodge..........

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might be so...but you start showing me Dodge guys that are doing Powerstroke conversions and then we will talk.... ..just a thought
Just another thought. Maybe a dodge couldn't handle a real engine in it? And a 12v is the easiest motor to swap, if I remember right there are a total of about 3-5 wires that need to be run. I have friends with cummins and i do like them they are good engines. I've worked on, swaped, and tuned up more cummins than PSD's but it's still a cumdrizzle and you guys can keep them. I thought about doing a cummins swap in my 97 gas F250 until I raced my roomates 99 24v with a juice w/ attitude and other little stuff and spanked him.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok well they may not have been scared, they may have been. But I think what it boils down to is that Ford owners actually have a pair and are willing to run their vehicles.

·
Registered
318 Posts
well I agree with you on that, I think its way cooler to make a Ford really fast than a cummins. my .02 cents

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think part of what makes it more fun is that it's harder to make a ford faster. They have that Scary Larry, and Pedophile Larry and crap for the dodges that dang near doubles your hp/tq numbers with a push of a button. Yeah thats pretty impressive but how about doing actual work to your truck to make it fast and have something you can be proud of

·
Registered
771 Posts
I love workin on my 7.3, not that I have had too very much... :thumb:

And I'd rather drive my 7.3 F350 any day, all day.

I'm not hatin' on Cummins..... just dodge.

·
Registered
318 Posts
alright man, I get that you like your crummins, Im fine with that. Im saying its harder to make a Ford with lots of power and its more rare to come upon one with 800 + HP. Doesnt mean Im gonna dump a bunch of coin into mine, I bought my truck cause it looks good and doesnt puke its tranny every 50,000 miles. But you might like that :thumb:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts