Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I had my trans rebuild 1 1/2 years ago, and recently I’ve been experiencing occasional hard shifts from 3 to 5 only when it’s warmed up and light throttle. Also when I pout it in reverse it has a shutter, you can here the drive shaft shutter back and forth. I took it to a local transmission shop they didn’t have any idea what was wrong with it and said juts drive it. Because other then those two problems it’s great pulls hard when the TC locks and when you get on it it shift through all the gears great. It really has me lost anybody got any ideas??

Oh I’m running IDP extreme street, it still does the same things on the stock tune as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,

I had my trans rebuild 1 1/2 years ago, and recently I’ve been experiencing occasional hard shifts from 3 to 5 only when it’s warmed up and light throttle. Also when I pout it in reverse it has a shutter, you can here the drive shaft shutter back and forth. I took it to a local transmission shop they didn’t have any idea what was wrong with it and said juts drive it. Because other then those two problems it’s great pulls hard when the TC locks and when you get on it it shift through all the gears great. It really has me lost anybody got any ideas??

Oh I’m running IDP extreme street, it still does the same things on the stock tune as well.

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey brother I am having sort of the same problems with my early 06 f350 short bed only difference is when I put it in reverse I have to wait about 5 seconds and then can feel the truck shift into reverse and it’s good. If I just jump on it before that I have that same shutter. Same thing with the occasional hard shift but mine seems like it’s only 3-4 and when I get on it it seems like 5-OD shifts late. I have no clues to what could be. I had the tranny checked out by trans medic out of Gresham OR and I’ve had my truck into RPM NW outta ridgefield WA a hand full of times and both say trucks golden run it. But I know for a fact that truck has been slowest getting worse in the lastly year.

I guess my question is did you ever find a solution??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey brother I am having sort of the same problems with my early 06 f350 short bed only difference is when I put it in reverse I have to wait about 5 seconds and then can feel the truck shift into reverse and itâ€s good. If I just jump on it before that I have that same shutter. Same thing with the occasional hard shift but mine seems like itâ€s only 3-4 and when I get on it it seems like 5-OD shifts late. I have no clues to what could be. I had the tranny checked out by trans medic out of Gresham OR and Iâ€ve had my truck into RPM NW outta ridgefield WA a hand full of times and both say trucks golden run it. But I know for a fact that truck has been slowest getting worse in the lastly year.

I guess my question is did you ever find a solution??

Yeah I got a Twisted stage 2 trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts