Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been running the kem 345 tune for about 1k now, have not beat on it by any means. i get on it every now and then but nothing crazy. truck has 79k miles on it. first gear is a little firm which is ok, but 2nd and 3rd gear is terrible. it feels like they slip into gear and it jerks real bad. the other day i was taking off and when it got to 2nd gear it wouldnt go into gear i gave some throttle and nothing and i hesitated then gave a little more and it clunked into gear. any one know whats going on? truck shifted perfect before the tune.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.. anyone have this happening?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mine clunks the 2-3 shift pretty harsh...mike wont get back with me for the fix either. Im pretty pissed cant wait to get someone elses tunes for my H&S and throw this card in the garbage.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea he finally got back with me but it took 3 weeks to get him and he emailed me a tune. and my computer wont upload it. i wanna try the hd300 tune to compare

·
Registered
423 Posts
Did he say why this was happening?

·
Registered
13 Posts
had the same thing happen. bought the sd card because of good things i heard about mike. 2-3 shift was terrible, mike wasnt helpful at first but eventually seent me a modified tune. While trying to reprogram I accidentally cleared SD card. Called mike and was told to send him 50 bucks for a new card= end of kem tunes for me. Got 300hd and could not be happier. Truck has great power, mileage, throttle response, and awesome shifting.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no he never said why this was happening he said it was normal. but shifting like this is not normal.

yea i want to upload the hd300 tune but my computer wont do it for some reason. how was the power between the 2?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the slipping happened again today. was going bout 25 mph and went to give it some gas and it couldnt find the gear and reved up went to try again and did the same thing. finally the third time it slammed into gear and through a code. it put a wrench on the screen. any bodys before do this?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
there is so many different things that can cause this.

Its definitely a tuning issue though, you're going to end up wasting clutches

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea thats what im thinking. i gotta find out whats wrong with my computer so i can upload the hd300 tune

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought a card full of KEM tunes over a year ago, and after trying a couple of different tunes, I re-loaded my HD300 tune and chalked it up to a learning experience. With the KEM tunes, I had rev-slam issues, transmission limp mode issues, and when I finally was able to talk to Mike, he pretty much said that's the way it goes on a few trucks. Thanks for that...

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bought a card full of KEM tunes over a year ago, and after trying a couple of different tunes, I re-loaded my HD300 tune and chalked it up to a learning experience. With the KEM tunes, I had rev-slam issues, transmission limp mode issues, and when I finally was able to talk to Mike, he pretty much said that's the way it goes on a few trucks. Thanks for that...
This statement is 100% correct. I have 3 trucks tuned with the 345 and they have all experienced this off and on. The tune is great, but the shift schedules have some hiccups. We have tried different version tunes but never fully corrected the problem. I finally started using [email protected] for all my buddies trucks and have had zero issues. Dont wait to Change, you will damage your tranny if it is doing this.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea im going to switch to h&s to see if its any better. hopefully the shifting will smooth out

·
Registered
423 Posts
Got a revision for my tranny and ut still seems like it slips gears and misses every now and then. Really wish I hadn't spent $250 bucks. Now that im pissed he wont email me back. I will never recommend him for anything...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dang that sucks. so you like h&s a lot better?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts