Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to get new tires for the rig and I am currently running 35x12.50r20 ProComp Xtreme AT and I am entertaining the idea of 295/65r20 Toyo MT. Does anyone have pics front the front and side showing the width of a 295 compared to a 12.50. these will be on the stock 08 wheel.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few shots from when I first got my tires, if you have some 295/65 I would like to see the comparable shots. thanks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
295 is effectively 11.5 inches wide. So whatever your tire is minus an inch.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
295 is effectively 11.5 inches wide. So whatever your tire is minus an inch.
This is correct. According to my calculator, the 295/65-20 should come in at 35.1x11.61.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I know all that, I want to see pics mounted though!

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no one has any pics? 295/65r20 Toyo MT on the stock 20????? come on!

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
no one has any pics? 295/65r20 Toyo MT on the stock 20????? come on!
The 295/65/20 Toyo MTs have only been out for a month or so now. Probably not a lot of them on the road yet. You will have much better luck searching for pics of Nitto Trail Grapplers in that size, as they have been out for about 3 years now.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh, I didn't know that, thanks skanj0 do yo have front up close pics of your tires? I know they are a bit narrower but I would like to see them

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Ahh, I didn't know that, thanks skanj0 do yo have front up close pics of your tires? I know they are a bit narrower but I would like to see them
Here you go. 3 Photos attached. Tires are 3 years old and have 35K miles on them. They were siped when new and you can still see some of the siping in the center tread blocks. Wheels are 06 Factory 20s (20x8s).

Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
3rd photo didnt work the first time. Here it is again....

Attachments

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ooo yeah, those look good for 35k miles on them

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Ooo yeah, those look good for 35k miles on them
Yep, they've done well. Even have about 3,000 miles on them carrying a 4,000LB Lance camper.

My next tires will be 295/65/20 - either Toyo MT or Nitto Trail Grappler. For me load capacity is critical, so I cannot go much below 3,750LBs per tire. The 295/65/20s are 4,000LBs per tire, and will fill out the fender wells a little more than the 275s.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I wanna keep my weight capacity up as well, I haul some pretty hefty loads

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am going to be going with the Toyo 295/65 20 in the A/T II flavor. Are there any good Toyo vendors on the site? I have already talked to the Discount Tire guy on here, but he doesn't deal with Toyo....which is weird because I bought my last set of Toyos from a local Discount store.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I am going to be going with the Toyo 295/65 20 in the A/T II flavor. Are there any good Toyo vendors on the site? I have already talked to the Discount Tire guy on here, but he doesn't deal with Toyo....which is weird because I bought my last set of Toyos from a local Discount store.
In my area Discount carries Nitto, and Les Schwab carries Toyo.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The discounts in Corpus Christi TX carry Toyo and Nitto but they really push the Nitto's hard over the Toyo saying it is the same rubber compound and alot cheaper, but I had a buddy with the Nittos and at about 50% tread life on his half ton truck I could hear them with my windows up going 70mph down the highway with him driving next to me

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I have been running the Nitto 295s. I will be moving to the Toyos in a month. The trails did WAY better than my Terras but yet again same issues with the Nittos. Chunking, drying out and so on. Not a horrible tire again the trails were 900% better than the Terras.

I love the 295 width. I dont want to go with a 12.5 The 11.6-12" wide is perfect!

·
IBEW Journeyman Lineman
772 Posts
I bought the OEM 20s for my 08 with 35/12.5r20 Pro Comps and switch them out to the 295/65r20 Nitto Trail Grappler. Loved the Traail Grapplers.

This was with the Pro Comps that were wore out.

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sweet, yeah I am really starting to like the look of the 295/65 but i think im going to go with the Toyo's I love my pro comps but I cant find them anywhere cheaper that $435 per tire and Discount wont mount them on my truck because they are to wide for my rim according to them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts