Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm putting 296/65/20 Ridge Grapplers on my 2016 next week (with OEM 20s). Will post a few pics when they are mounted. Here she is with the leveling springs installed yesterday and the OEM michelins.

Any pictures of the Ridge Grapplers yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So guys maybe you can help me with this. I'm picking up a 2017 F2 50 platinum. As you probably know they come with the 275 65 R20's. With what I tow I could easily do it with a F 150. I just happened to drive a friend of mine's new F 250 power stroke, and fell in love with the power and overall feel of the truck. The road to my farm is light gravel, and I really don't even need a four wheel drive or mud tires. The majority of my driving is city and highway. My question is, Mitchlen makes a LTX MS ll in 275/65 r20, 285 and 295 . They come with the mitchlen AT all-terrain tire that comes on the FX 4. I believe I would get a smoother ride with the LTX MS ll, it's a phenomenal ride as well as a light mind or should I say very light mud and snow . It is always been consumer reports highest rated tire for quietness wet traction and overall smoothness . I'm just wondering how you all would think about this mod? Also if you know it has ever been done and or seen it . I'm not looking for a jacked up truck. That's just not me, dut I would like it to look somewhat sharp. I Think that the stock tires are just a little too small for that wheel well, as well as the MS being a better highway tire in general. I chose to list this question in this particular thread because some of the comments were staying with the regular 20 inch rims and just going up a size or two on the tire, and not necessarily turning it into a monster truck. No offense
Anyway I hope y'all can give me with some input on this. Thanks
Ps I believe this year the truck sits about an inch or inch and a half higher

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
How do you like that Icon kit? Looking at the same right now, not sure which route I'm going.

Also, you mind taking a pic of the whole truck?
Will get a pic of the entire truck tomorrow and post it.

In terms of the suspension, I actually have a combination of parts on the truck. I have the Icon 2.5" CDCV shocks, a Carli track bar, Carli high mount stabilizer, Carli Radius Arms, and Tuf Trucks 7,500 lb 2.5" leveling coils. I think it rides and handles great, but I also wasn't looking for that 'magic carpet ride' softness that many folks are after. I have a Lance camper that tops out at a little over 4,000 lbs, and which I take off-road in the mountains, so I was after stiffer front coils combined with shocks where I could crank up the compression dampening when hauling the camper. In the rear I have upper stable loads, and may add a leaf to the lower spring pack to go with the Icon 2.5" CDCVs in the rear. Also have a Hellwig Big Wig sway bar in the rear.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts