Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok please no bashing I have a 96 with a 3.5 dp 5 straight pipe an rbp air intake an a 6 pos ts tuner my ? Is if I got a rosewood HPOP would I c more power even with stock single shots or do I need to save more $$$ for injectors ...... FFL thanks :icon_ford:

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Rosewood hpop? I wasn't aware they had one or is that the terminator? Anyways I think if your gonna buy sticks you might as well upgrade

iPhone auto correcting incorrectly like a boss

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Rosewood doesn't make hpops... you might be thinking of terminator engineering. You wont see ANY gains swapping hpops in these trucks til stage II's or above. We have singles stock that aren't very oil hungry.

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
People are claiming mileage increases but idk anybody personally that has so I'm not sure

·
Registered
889 Posts
All depends on the condition of your current HPOP. If you have auto enginuity, or a HPO guage you can determine how healthy your pump is.
Like 305 said, a stock pump can push stock injectors, and even Stage I sticks if it is perfectly healthy.
However, if your pump is worn you will notice it in the upper RPM range even with stock injectors. If this is the case, you could see some increase in performance/economy by going to a T500. Actually, it would be more like performance/economy recovery.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
People are claiming mileage increases but idk anybody personally that has so I'm not sure

Thats true, some people do get slightly better mileage... though not typically with a stock truck.. usually those trucks getting better mileage are modded some.

All depends on the condition of your current HPOP. If you have auto enginuity, or a HPO guage you can determine how healthy your pump is.
Like 305 said, a stock pump can push stock injectors, and even Stage I sticks if it is perfectly healthy.
However, if your pump is worn you will notice it in the upper RPM range even with stock injectors. If this is the case, you could see some increase in performance/economy by going to a T500. Actually, it would be more like performance/economy recovery.
True. Hell I'd run an HPO gauge just for the heck of it if you plan to crazy mod just to keep an eye on things. But AE will certainly tell the health of the hpop.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
If your not curently throwing codes from the hpop don't waiste your time, if your going to get sticks later than go ahead and upgrade and do sticks when you can

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Thats true, some people do get slightly better mileage... though not typically with a stock truck.. usually those trucks getting better mileage are modded some.

True. Hell I'd run an HPO gauge just for the heck of it if you plan to crazy mod just to keep an eye on things. But AE will certainly tell the health of the hpop.
I have an hpop gauge just cause I didnt know what to put in the 3rd spot since I have a ZF truck but I need to track down an ae to check my duty cycle since my psi is questionable

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Ford dealership can also run ae scans.. but it's gonna prolly cost ya .5-1hr of labor :/

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
I know I'm just cheap when it comes to that stuff haha

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I know I'm just cheap when it comes to that stuff haha

Believe me, so am I. I probably shouldn't be, but I'm tight with my money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts